Chapter 17

Throughout the day, Elisa and Coldfire took turns watching Brooklyn while he was in stone, praying he wasn't having nightmares in his sleep.

Coldfire worried about how long Brooklyn would heal for mentally. Usually, extreme moments like this saddened her greatly, wondering if Brooklyn would still remember that his clan loved him, and what her brother had been doing besides fattening him up.

Soon, the sun began to go down. Coldfire waited, seeing the skin cracking. They had removed the blanket so Brooklyn wouldn't shred it to pieces when waking up.

The skin broke, Brooklyn giving out a yawn, but it was rather tired sounding and quiet. Brooklyn blinked, rubbing his eyes. He felt really weird after the previous night, wondering what happened. The drugs were now gone from his system, but his body still was rather weak, not even able to get up from the bed. He looked around nervously, wondering if his rescue from before was actually real.

Coldfire began to talk gently. "Hello, young one."

Brooklyn looked to the female voice in a wary gaze, his ears lowered. "W-what happened...? W-Who...?" Brooklyn whimpered, a hand on his forehead from his headache that suddenly formed.

Coldfire stroked his hair like a rookery mother. "You're safe. My mate and I brought you home last night. Don't you remember?"

Brooklyn mostly shook his head, tears coming down. "D-Don't want... eat any... bad food..." He said, still clearly traumatized even after the drugs faded.

Coldfire instantly took Brooklyn into a gentle hug as best she could with her metal body. "It will be ok. We want you to feel healthy again," Coldfire said in her warm voice, a hand on Brooklyn's cheek, who accepted it.

Soon, the rest of the clan had awoken too.

Hudson and Elisa came in to see the bedridden Brooklyn, Coldfire still next to him. The elder's face looked quite mortified, seeing how depressed and scared Brooklyn was as well as being too overweight for his liking.

"How does he fare?" Hudson asked softly, walking over. Brooklyn tensed a little at the sound of a male voice, looking over to see Hudson.

Coldfire looked sad too. "Still very troubled. He hasn't told us of what has happened. But I think he can now have water."

Brooklyn's ears perked at that word, Elisa taking the cup she had ready in her hands. She smiled gently. Brooklyn trembled at the sight of the human before him.

"Here, Brook. I have a glass for you," she encouraged, handing the glass to Coldfire first, and then the cyborg gargess held it to Brooklyn, who looked at it warily.

"It won't hurt you, I promise, little one," Coldfire said, rubbing Brooklyn's hand, who soon allowed Coldfire to put the glass to his beak, taking a drink.

The water was heavenly down his throat, feeling it soothe the dryness after so long without it, causing Brooklyn to shut his eyes in bliss. It made Coldfire smile to see him enjoy it.

After drinking, Brooklyn coughed a little before speaking. "Thanks..." He croaked weakly. "W-Want more..." Coldfire rubbed his forehead.

"It will be soon. For now, you can rest until you can tell us what happened to you and what foods you ate. We'll make you something much nicer and healthier."

Brooklyn cringed. He didn't know if he even wanted food at all after that nightmare he endured. Hudson himself rubbed Brooklyn's arm too. "Ye be with friends now, Laddie. We'll take care of ye."

Soon, the red gargoyle nodded, giving a small yawn, feeling himself go back to sleep. Coldfire tucked him into bed. Despite gargoyles not needing sleep so much in their flesh except when getting old or really injured, Brooklyn was driven to the point of over exhaustion that he needed it the most. She turned to Hudson.