Chapter 6

When waking up the next night, Brooklyn stretched out weakly even in this too small a cell, rubbing his eyes, seeing he was still Coldsteel's prisoner, happy that his fever from the sauna was gone now.

Oh perfect... Brook thought, rubbing his belly, remembering that Coldsteel was still unnecessarily overfeeding him. Another question hit him though; why would Coldsteel even want to keep him not able to fly freely on his own just to weaken his wings when he wanted to take over his body to begin with?

Such questions made his head hurt, rubbing it more again. Also in this cell, it was much too quiet. He missed the sounds of the city and didn't have much space to stretch his wings. He had to keep them folded a lot of the time. How Brooklyn wished to ride a motorcycle right now to get as far away from Coldsteel as possible.

Before Brooklyn could think anymore, he heard a knocking on his cell. Turning around, he saw his enemy there, grinning smugly. "Hello, little body. Before you eat, I got another test. I wish to improve your fighting skills. Since last time I used you, I was quite disappointed."

Brooklyn's tail swished; his eyes glowing. "I don't need help from scum like you! I already know how to fight, thanks!"

Coldsteel growled back at him. "Trust me when I say these 'training lessons' won't be so friendly for you. Now it is time to take you to your first one," he snapped, ordering the guards to bring him out.

The younger male backed up when the guards got closer, using his tail despite his lack of energy to swipe at one, knocking the human down while the other one pulled out a cattle prod. "Keep still, Freak!" snapped the human, jamming the cattle prod into Brooklyn's belly, causing his body to fill with electricity, shrieking aloud, slumping to the floor, allowing the men room to drag him away to the test.

But upon nearly reaching their destination, the guards roughly secured Brooklyn's wings once again. He hated it, wondering why they were doing that more, seeing a strange metal door before him.

"Get in!" snarled the human, shoving Brooklyn through the entrance. He pushed himself to his feet, looking about, wondering what Coldsteel could have for him now that involved all of this 'improving of his fighting.'

He warily looked about this room, which was a little bit bigger than his cell but saw small holes in them, ears flattened at what could come out of them.

"I hope you've practiced your dodging skills, dear body. For this is what is to come in your test..." said Coldsteel in a mic at him.

Heart racing violently, still feeling awful from the previous rooms, Brooklyn was about to ask what it was until a laser shot was heard, a strong laser beam shooting out at his direction from above.

"AH!" Brook shrieked out, just barely dodging that one, panting heavily. But not before another laser headed his way from below, causing Brooklyn to jump, a hand over his chest. He leaned against the wall but yelped in pain when a small laser suddenly stung his left hand, rubbing it.

"And there's more to this test as well..." mocked Coldsteel again. Brooklyn's ears shot up when a rumbling noise in the walls was heard, gasping when seeing the walls closing in just a little bit before stopping.

"Are you crazy?!" He shouted in anger and fright, six more lasers firing now that the space grew shorter, hands over his head as one nearly hit him. Coldsteel only laughed, after the seventh laser came by, the wall moved in a little bit once again.

Brooklyn right now was starting to feel scared again about being closed in by this wall, which would squish him thinner than he normally was before all that feeding, gasping from when a laser nearly struck the side of his belly, flinching from the feeling of it. He covered his head from two of them barely hitting his head, reminding Brooklyn of when they tried interrogating Xanatos about where Goliath and Elisa went and defeating the laser guns, Broadway saving him from being fried.