xiii ; harry's firebolt

Start from the beginning

"Pity you can't attach an extra arm to yours, Malfoy. Then it could catch the snitch for you." Harry said.

The whole Gryffindor table laughed loudly as Draco's gray eyes narrowed and he stomped away.

-

For this match, I had only asked Harry to pay me if they won. I figured he didn't need to be out five more galleons if he was already upset over Gryffindor losing.

I stood on the stands in between Ron and Hermione, which was not as fun as it used to be. They both were looking in opposite directions, neither of them uttering a word to each other.

After what felt like hours, the Gryffindor team came out of their tunnel. The Gryffindor stand erupted into such huge applause and cheers that it shook the stands.

The game was nothing special, honestly. I stood there and watched Harry fight a very pretty girl over a ball for an hour. (I pretended to not let it bother me.)

Cho Chang, the girl, was losing miserably in her pursuit to the snitch when she suddenly lost focus in it and screamed.

She was pointing at three dementors on the ground of the field. Except, these dementors weren't actual dementors. They were short. And I mean, seriously short. Before anyone had time to react, something silver-white, something enormous shot from Harry's wand.

A shining, silvery stag was charging at the dementors.

Harry had conjured a Patronus.

The stag collided with the dementors, and knocked them over. The hoods fell off, and revealed my cousin and his two buffoon friends.

Madam Hooch's whistle sounded, and we all looked back at Harry, who had his fingers wrapped around a little golden ball.

We all bursted into cheers, and for once, I wasn't afraid of the stands collapsing under us.

The Gryffindors all started to run down the stands and onto the field, Ron, Hermione and I leading the pack.

"Yes!" Ron was screaming as he grabbed Harry's arm and held it into the air.

"Did you see it?" Harry asked me, beaming like I had never seen. "I made a Patronus!" He grinned.

"I saw it!" I smiled, and before I could realize anything, Harry tackled me in a hug. The roars on the field grew louder.

"That was quite some Patronus." A voice said, making me pull away from him immediately in embarrassment. I tried to hide the inevitable red on my face. Professor Lupin was standing in front of us, smiling.

"The dementors didn't affect me at all!" Harry said proudly. "I didn't feel a thing!"

"That would be because they- er- they weren't dementors." Professor Lupin sighed as he led us to the side of the field.

"You gave Mr. Malfoy quite a fright." He said. Draco was lying in a crumpled heap on the ground with Crabbe, Goyle and Marcus Flint. He had been standing on Goyle's shoulders to seem taller, and now he couldn't get his robes off. Standing over them was Professor McGonagall.

"An unworthy trick!" She shouted. "A low and cowardly attempt to sabotage the Gryffindor Seeker! Detention for all of you, and fifty points from Slytherin! I shall be speaking to Professor Dumbledore about this, make no mistake! Ah, here he comes now!"

If anything could make this moment more brilliant, Ron had showed up and was now clinging to our shoulders as he doubled over with laughter while we watched Draco fight to get out of his robes. Goyle's big head was still stuck inside of it.