Chapter 49 - Soul is Alive

Start from the beginning

Omega glanced at it for a moment, then wrapped his hands around his legs again, "Sorry, I'm not interested."

Luwa stared at Omega, and then reached into his pocket and took out something covered in paper. He stood up and dragged Omega by the shoulder to the other side of the tree, allowing light.

The paper was dropped into his lap with a thud, unraveling a hot potato, uncut and with skin. Omega grimaced a bit.

Luwa brought out his axe and looked at the tree in front of Omega. With a deep breath, he swung at the tree, cutting notches into the wood. Then with one heavy swing, the tree cracked, and started to fall in the opposite direction. Luwa looked back at Omega, scoffing and shrugging his shoulders.

When the tree crashed down, he threw his axe down into the limber. "Hm!" He threw his hands up in the air as if saying, "Voila!"

Omega stared blankly at Luwa as he took a bite of the potato. It wasn't so bad.

Pinter jogged towards Luwa and whispered in his ear. A look of shock, then of understanding. Finally, Luwa nodded his head.

"Will...hel...p." Luwa pointed at his chest.

Omega sighed and sank his head, "Why me..."

———

Months later in Shacia

Enjō's right hand shook and gripped the floor as he struggled to lower himself.

"Down, down! Now, go up!" A therapist yelled from behind him. His glasses didn't fit his burly frame and coat, but his voice made up for it. Enjō whimpered as he pulled himself up from his arm and his entire body shook.

"Thats set." The therapist came around and offered his hand, which Enjō took.
"You keep this up you'll be fine in no time."

Enjō's face was sweltering and he couldn't control his breath. He walked away from the therapist who was trying to keep him upright and fell on the chair.

"Woah-woah, are you alright?" He patted Enjō's back, causing him to jut forward considerably, "That was it, man. That's it for today. Tomorrow's rest day, so I'll see you Friday. You need anything?"

Enjō threw a weak thumbs up and drank some water.

"Alright, I'll see you then, kid." The therapist waved as he walked out of the gym.

"...Some therapy. I get that I need to bulk so my new arm isn't as heavy, but I don't even know I want that thing."

He sat there, towel on his face, leaning back in his chair for a few minutes. With a suck of his tongue, he threw the towel across the gym, only because it was empty. Leaving the gym, he got into his brand new, yet cheap car.

I got off lucky. It coulda been worse, A thought of the scythe going through his face flashed in his mind, he flinched.

He rested his head on the seat, Stop. Man, what am I thinking? I gotta—I gotta go see dad.

Enjō arrived at the hospital and sped through visitation. He knocked on the door to his room.

"Come in." Omari beckoned weakly.