Not after the stunt he'd pulled with Maia four days ago. She gave into his trap, the next day he went to mommy dearest, crying. Principal Kensington wasn't a biased woman, but seeing her son with bruises all over, hell, even I'd get pissed.

There he was, strolling across the passageways with the minions he called friends. Spencer stood behind him, almost cowering in Ambrose's shadow, clutching his control in his hands.

"Kensington," I called out, causing half the students in the corridor to stop what they were doing, and turning to look at me. I could hear their whispers, hear the shit they were talking about dad. About mom, hell, she didn't deserve it. None of it was her goddamn fault.

I noticed Ambrose shoot his minions a cocky smirk. Spencer leaned over, whispering something along the lines of how Ambrose should be civil.

Civil, my ass. He'd make some snarky comment, I'd get pissed - no, I would not. I'd hold my temper in. I'd be calm, for myself. For my mother.

"I never thought you'd stoop low enough to pick on someone's parents? How desperate are you?" I scoffed.

"You don't have proof that I posted it," Ambrose said smugly, he thought he was so smart saying that.

I bet he boasted about it to his minions, they looked gleeful. They'd go around, telling everyone how great their idol was for doing that.

"You don't want to go down there, Kensington. Delete it, dude. You have no right to dig deep into things that aren't your concern," I said, trying to sound as polite as I possibly could.

I hated drama, more-so, being the cause of it. It didn't sit well with me. I didn't like having all eyes on me.

I swore I could see a flash of sincerity flash through Ambrose's eyes, but it disappeared almost as soon as it came. He stumbled over his words, before stepping towards me.

"Stay away from Maia, back off," he said, no, whispered, a scowl plastered on his face. This was about Maia?

I blinked, there was no way he was serious right now. "Maia...Cortez?" I said, as if she wasn't the only Maia in our year.

"Yeah, I've seen the way she looks at you. She looked at me like that before you came along," god, this guy was another level of delusional.

"You don't deserve her, you hurt her. You're delusional, Ambrose," I drawled. What was he even talking about? Maia didn't look at me, she thought I was Nate's best friend. That's all there was to us.

That's all there could ever be. I didn't deserve Maia Cortez. I knew she didn't deserve a person like me. I'd maintain my distance.

"She loves me. She loves me. Maia loves me. You're wrong," Ambrose said, almost as if he was saying that to himself.

"As for you, watch what you're saying, Alistair. You wouldn't want your dad's company to get ruined, would you?" he drawled.

That fucker. I didn't know what sort of dirt he had on me, but it wasn't worth it.

I was not going to give in to his fucked up game. I shrugged plainly, as I looked down at him.

"Threatening someone isn't a very pretty look on you. I bet your mother won't be pleased," I commented dryly.

I didn't know what the deal was, with Principal Kensington, Ambrose and his little sister. But, it seemed like Principal Kensington couldn't care less about her two kids.

I wondered if that was the reason he always acted like he had a stick up his ass.

Whatever. It wasn't my place to judge. I couldn't really be talking, considering my own family situation.

Ambrose edged closer to me. What was it with him and proximity? I really didn't need him breathing in my face at the moment.

He looked at me as if contemplating his next words, probably something along the lines of my family again.

He knew I'd get pissed if he brought my family up.

"You can't always keep playing smart, Alistair. One day, daddy's money won't be enough to save you," he said, brushing past me.

I knew it was wrong to wish death upon someone, but I really did wish Ambrose Kensington didn't exist.

The Night of Ambrose Kensington's murder

Honestly speaking, parties weren't my scene. The loud, blaring music and teens illegally drinking was...astounding, at most. I didn't know how this was allowed. Principal Kensington didn't seem to mind.

The one thing about Westview was that no one seemed to know what went on inside. No one knew about the parties, gossip and whatever went down. It was all like our very own secret.

I liked secrets, the thrill of knowing something others didn't, fascinated me. Secrets were my biggest weakness, mom always said they'd be my downfall one day. She would always quote 'curiosity killed the cat.' But, wasn't satisfaction that brought it back?

The hunger of knowing everything, every minor detail hidden away from the naked eye, was just so intriguing. You couldn't blame me for being secret-starved.

People always thought of me as a rich, cold boy. That's what I presented myself to be. My flawless facade masked what I was always told to hide.

Well, at least, I tried to hide most of it. I sipped on my glass of blueberry soda, Maia's favorite fruits. I wondered if she tasted like them -

Pushing the thought away from my mind, my eyes lingered over the fancily decorated living room.

The words 'Masquerade Party' hung over the ceiling, but it seemed like the banner had been put up in a hasty manner. It looked like it would fall if I pulled it. I wondered if I should. That would be fun.

While I was busy admiring the interiors, I heard a certain someone call out to me. Maia. She looked beautiful, but then, when did she not look beautiful? Her black hair complemented the black dress she wore.

I wondered when she bought it, I hadn't seen her wear it before. At first glance, Maia was the most intimidating girl at school.

With her all - black wardrobe and her snarky comebacks, she seemed scarier than she was. Like a dark cloud. A very adorable dark cloud.

Her eyes lit up as she waved to me, I could melt at the sight. I blinked at her, before regaining my composure. What has been going on with me lately? Every time I saw Maia, I swore I felt my heartbeat increase. I didn't like it.

I shot her a smile, as she asked me if I'd seen Ishita around, which I hadn't. Now that I thought of it, I hadn't seen Nate either.

He kept claiming he hated her guts, yet he knew everything about her. You could quiz him about her, and he'd earn a top score.

"I think I saw her near one of the bathrooms, with Nate and some other girl," I said, plainly.

I'd seen them there about half an hour ago, but oh well. Maia awkwardly tilted her head, as if she wanted me to guide her.

Oh.

Being the gentleman I was, I led the way. There was a door, with the words bathroom scrawled over it.

I wondered why anyone would write the words bathroom on a bathroom, maybe Ambrose was dumb and got lost around his own house. Or maybe his sister did. Or maybe Principal Kensington herself.

Maia gently opened the door, Nate wasn't there, nor was Ishita. It'd be shocking for them to be in a bathroom together. To my surprise, said room wasn't even a goddamn bathroom.

The Kensingtons were crazy.

I sighed, walking over to a bed, it was so dark, I could barely see anything. Just as I crouched down, Maia squealed. "Somebody's there," she said. I turned the lights on.

There was a body. Not just anybody, Ambrose Kensington's body. I felt my sockets fall out of my eyes, as I looked at him. His body. Whatever.

Ambrose Kensington was dead. And Maia and I just found his body. This was not happening, this was not happening, this was not happening.

And just then, I saw it, a little note written on the bed with...his blood.

'Scattered 'cross my family line. I'm so good at telling lies.'

And, if that wasn't bad enough, my initials were written just below, across notes for other people.

I didn't bother seeing them. I didn't bother moving. I just stayed, hovering over his body.

I wished the note wasn't true. I wished it wasn't for me.

I wasn't the only A.A with family issues, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iris speaks <3

Okay, so Ares was pretty easy to write, and think I did way better than ch 1, but then again, thats probably just me. 

How do you like Ares? <3 

Word Count : 2337