Setup

It was bright and early in the morning when Cisco and Frostee stumbled into the garage, still half asleep and feeling like zombies. They looked around to find that no one else was there other than Echo.
"What's going on?" Frostee asked as they approached her.
"Yeah, why'd you tell us to meet you here so early?" Cisco asked with a yawn.
"We have a mission." Echo said.
"A mission? This early?" Cisco yawned again, driving home the point that it was too early.
"Where's everyone else?" Frostee asked.
"And Miss Nowhere?" Cisco added.
"Just wait for me to explain." Echo said. "This isn't that type of mission."
"Then what type of mission is it?" Cisco asked.
"One to help out our friends." Echo said. Cisco and Frostee were confused but interested.
    "What's the mission?" Frostee asked.
    "So, we all know how Tony and Layla feel about each other." Echo said.
    "Everyone except them!" Frostee said as he rolled his eyes.
    "That's the point! It's annoying seeing them crush on each other yet be so oblivious about it! Now it's time that changes."
    "Ooh, I'm in!" Cisco said.
    "So am I!" Frostee said, "So, what's the plan?"
Echo smirked. "Alright. Here's what we're gonna do."

———

As Tony walked into the garage he could hear a bunch of voices conversing. "Hey guys. What's going on?" He asked Cisco, Echo, and Frostee as he approached them.
    They immediately stopped talking and turned to him with suspiciously wide smiles. "Oh, nothing important." Echo said.
    "Yeah, nothing at all!" Cisco chimed in.
    "Um, ok." Tony said, confused by how weird they were acting.
    "Hey, T, could I borrow your phone?" Frostee asked.
    "Uh, sure. Why do you need it?" He asked as he handed him his phone.
    "I lost mine so I need yours to call it." Frostee said as he walked off with Tony's phone. A few minutes later he came back and returned it to him.
    "Oh, Tony, Layla wanted to meet up with you." Echo said.
    Tony felt a little spark of heat in his chest at the mention of Layla. "Really? Where is she?"
"She wants you to meet her at Echo Park." Cisco said.
"Why there?" Tony asked.
Echo shrugged. "She said she wanted to tell you something."
"Alright then. I don't wanna keep her waiting." He said on his way out of the garage. The others smirked as they watched him go.
    While in her car, Layla got a text from Tony telling her that he was waiting for her at Echo park. The text message also said that he wanted to tell her something.
    She could not stop a small smile from spreading across her face as she thought about what he was going to say to her. She tried not to get her hopes up, but could not stop the spark of hope she felt.
There had been something she wanted to tell him for quite a while, but she never got the right opportunity to do it. Maybe he felt the same way. Maybe he wanted to tell her the same thing.
She shook the thought out of her head. It was better for her to not get her hopes up. She would just have to wait and see what it was he wanted to say.
When Tony arrived at Echo Park, he found a picnic already set up and waiting for him. Just as he was about to sit down, he noticed Layla approaching him. He smiled as he waved to her.
"Hey Layla."
"Hey Toretto." She stopped on the opposite end of the picnic blanket and glanced from it to him.
"Shall we?" He gestured to the blanket. She nodded and they both sat down.
"What've we got in there?" Layla asked as she pointed to the picnic basket.
"Let's find out." Tony said. Opening it up, he pulled out some snacks, napkins, and chocolate covered strawberries.
Layla immediately reached for a chocolate strawberry. "Mmm, these are good. Try one." She picked up a second one and held it up to his mouth.
"Um, ok." Tony hesitated for a second before taking a bite out of the strawberry. "Ohh, that is good."
Layla smiled. "I told ya."

———

"What're we doing?" Cisco asked as he, Echo, and Frostee parked their cars at Echo Park.
"Keep your voice down and stay low." Echo said.
"Why?" He asked in a quieter voice.
"Why do you think? We're gonna watch Tony and Layla!" Frostee said.
"Are you sure we should be doing this?" Cisco asked as they carefully and quietly crept closer to where the picnic was set up.
"You didn't have to come with us. Now you can either go back or watch quietly." Echo said. Cisco stopped arguing and quietly crouched in some bushes next to Echo and Frostee.
"What're they talking about?" Frostee whispered in excitement as they listened in. Tony and Layla's conversation was nothing out of the ordinary.
"It's just small talk." Echo whispered, rolling her eyes.
"That's boring!" Frostee whispered.
"Wait! What're they doing now?" Cisco whispered. They all grew silent as they watched Tony and Layla smile at each other.
"You've got a little something on your face." Layla said.
Tony wiped his face with the back of his hand. "Did I get it?" He asked.
She shook her head, laughing slightly. "Here." Lightly wetting the tip of her thumb with her mouth, she brushed her thumb against his bottom lip to wipe away the chocolate stain.
After cleaning the chocolate, she paused. They both were frozen as they gazed into each other's eyes, not wanting to move or look away. Layla began to lean in while the other spy racers watched with excitement.
Before she got too close to Tony, she stopped and moved her hand away. "I have something to tell you, Toretto."
His heart was pounding loudly, butterflies stirring in his stomach at their close proximity. "So do I."
    Echo, Frostee, and Cisco did not breathe as they listened, waiting to see what would happen next. Everything was completely silent for several seconds that felt like hours.
    Layla smirked. "Wanna race?"
    "I thought you'd never ask!" Tony said as the two of them jumped to their feet and ran to their cars.
"Aw, come on!" Frostee groaned as he and the others got out of their hiding spot.
"Of course they ran off to go race." Echo rolled her eyes as she folded her arms.
"I guess that means we just can't rush this type of thing." Cisco said.
"Or we could just try again later." Frostee replied.
Meanwhile, at the end of Tony and Layla's race, they pulled over in a nice secluded area and got out of their cars. "So, I'm guessing you weren't the one who set up the picnic." Layla said as she walked up to Tony.
"I thought it was you." Tony said. She shook her head. "Then who?"
"I think we both know the answer to that." Layla said.
Tony knew exactly what she was talking about. Of course it was Echo, Cisco, and Frostee. No wonder they had been acting so weird. "But why would they set us up like that?"
"I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that."
This time Tony was not on the same page as her. "What is it?"
"Tony." She paused for a moment before saying what she had to say. "I like you. More than a friend."
"What? Really?" He asked, unable to believe what he was hearing.
"You think I'm joking?" She raised an eyebrow at him.
"No. No, I don't." He said.
"Well?"
"Well what?"
"What do you say? Do you feel the same?" She asked, trying not to sound nervous or unsure.
"Oh, sorry. Yes. I do." He said.
"Really?"
"What? Do you think I'm joking?" He asked with a smile.
She smiled back. "You know, Toretto, you're alright."
"Just alright?" He nudged her playfully. "C'mon, you know you love me."
Before he realized what was happening, she quickly kissed him. It was just a small peck on the lips, but it still made his heart skip a beat. "Maybe I do, Toretto." She smiled.
    Brushing off the shock, he smiled back. "Maybe I do too."