[Additionally, due to the special nature of this world, the host has acquired new skills.]

The system's words quickly caught Gu Wuji's attention. This must be the thing the ghost mentioned about giving him at the end.

[Ghost Manipulation: LV1. Due to receiving a gift from the ghost, you have gained the ability to temporarily control low-level spirits without consciousness. There will be different restrictions in different dungeons and can also be used in reality.]

Gu Wuji was slightly surprised. He hadn't expected the ghost, who served as the villain boss, to be so conscientious. He really was a good person! His affinity towards the other party surged, wishing he had thanked them properly at the time.

But come to think of it, even until the end, he hadn't seen what the ghost actually looked like.

But according to the notebook's hints, if he had seen it, he probably wouldn't be here now.

[Additionally, each person selected to become a player in our Infinite Horror World-] At this point, the system's voice quickened, perhaps recalling Gu Wuji's previous comment about their names being too mundane, [will enter the dungeon world at regular intervals. You can choose to enter voluntarily, but if you don't, you will be forcibly pulled in on that day. Players, please take note of this.]

"Okay." Gu Wuji nodded. He had understood since that day that being chosen by this system meant he would likely be living with ghosts in the future.

...Actually, it had been like that for the past twenty years anyway.

It didn't matter. Anyway, for now, let's see what good things are available in the system's shop.

With a thought, a virtual screen appeared in front of Gu Wuji-it was the system's shop.

The variety of items inside was shocking, ranging from various furniture and delicacies available in reality to supernatural props and curses. There were even special discounted plane tickets available for purchase, making it seem like a regular online shopping platform.

There was also an interface where players could sell items they didn't want from the dungeon world, as well as forums for player discussions. In short, it was very user-friendly.

What caught Gu Wuji's attention the most was the item in the shop that could temporarily add an extra life in the dungeon. However, the required points were astronomical, to the point where one would doubt if anyone could afford it.

Moreover, these items all had various restrictions, so there was no possibility of breezing through the dungeons just by having a lot of points.

Even the most ordinary items required over a hundred points, which explained why Ren Hui, despite clearing the first dungeon, still seemed so weak. She probably only had the guaranteed points and couldn't afford any items.

As for abilities, they were even more expensive. Even the most basic ability like seeing ghosts required over ten thousand points.

Gu Wuji noticed that the ability to manipulate ghosts, which the ghost had gifted to him, wasn't available in the shop. So it seemed like acquiring abilities and items from the dungeon world would be more cost-effective.

If others knew about Gu Wuji's thoughts, they would surely envy him. Who else would be as lucky as him to receive a gifted ability from a ghost in the first dungeon, especially one as powerful as ghost manipulation?

For ordinary people entering the dungeon world, just staying alive was difficult enough, let alone having the time to think about other things.

Just then, his phone vibrated, and Gu Wuji picked it up to see a notification on his Weibo account.

He casually opened it, only to find countless messages condemning him. The first post was filled with nothing but insults, and even hashtags like #GuWujiGetOutOfEntertainmentIndustry had begun trending.

"I really don't know what's going on. How can this problematic little idol still have so many fans? And to bully newcomers on set, it's just disgusting!"

"I've unfollowed him. Just thinking that I used to be a fan of someone with such low standards, makes me feel like I've been played."

"Gu Wuji, get out of the entertainment industry!"

...

But who was Gu Wuji? He was someone who faced ghosts without batting an eye, so how could he be affected by this?

Although he was originally grabbed to act in a ghost movie by chance, he never expected there to be real ghosts on set.

But to others, Gu Wuji was simply a prodigy. His acting skills were so superb that some even thought there were real ghosts on set! So, what was originally a mediocre movie turned out to be exceptionally good, coupled with Gu Wuji's stunning looks, he suddenly gained fame overnight.

And the reason things turned out like this wasn't some melodramatic feud. It all started when Gu Wuji, playing the supporting role in a web drama a few days ago, happened to clash with another minor celebrity... Turns out, that celebrity had caught the eye of some big shot's son from an entertainment company. So, he vented a bit, and suddenly, the big shot's son felt like his beloved was deeply wronged. He swooped in as an investor to give him more scenes and decided to ruin Gu Wuji's reputation in the process.

Then they cooked up some shady footage, got the internet trolls to spread rumors about Gu Wuji throwing tantrums on set, and pulled all sorts of strings to blow this thing out of proportion.

Gu Wuji couldn't help but wonder if this guy had too much time on his hands. He became an actor to avoid hassle, and now he's contemplating a career change.

But now he's stuck with this damn system... Well, might as well deal with work first.

Gu Wuji casually retweeted a few ridiculous memes he stumbled upon, making those who were bashing him feel like they'd been played.

What's up with this guy? Seriously, what's he up to? It's like he's in his own little world, still scrolling through funny pictures at a time like this?!

Gu Wuji arrived at the set, and the crew members glanced at him with sympathetic eyes. Some of the familiar faces gave him a comforting pat on the shoulder.

Initially, someone as good-looking, talented, and humble as Gu Wuji would have had a bright future ahead. But now, having offended Little Cheng, there's no way he could survive in the entertainment industry.

In reality, the crew couldn't risk upsetting the investors by keeping Gu Wuji around. However, Little Cheng insisted on letting him stay, probably with some scheme to humiliate him.

But Gu Wuji didn't care much about others' attitudes as long as he could focus on acting and earn his paycheck.

However, from the moment he stepped in, a sense of unease washed over Gu Wuji. Something wasn't right about the set today... there was definitely something fishy going on!

Normally, Gu Wuji couldn't actually see ghosts; he could only sense their presence unless he was in a place dripping with negative energy, or if someone wanted him to see them.

As Gu Wuji's gaze swept across the room, he quickly noticed Little Cheng, surrounded by a constellation of stars, and the young man by his side, looking bashful but smug at the same time.