Hope seems shocked at his answer.

Hope: Hmm. Most guys I talk to have one, I'm glad you don't. I share the same idea. You have to have a dream car, at least, though.

Liam: je fais (I do). I really want an NSX or an R8.

Hope smiles

Hope: NSX? That's new. People don't realize how underrated they are.

Liam: Ouais (yeah). I find it unique and really robust.

Hope: Well, I wish you the best in your endeavors.

Liam: Thanks

Liam finishes drying the car, and Hope smiles and gets in her car.

Hope: Thanks, here.

Hope gives Liam a CA$20 who smiles at her.

Liam: Merci (thanks). Have a good rest of your day.

Hope: You too.

Hope puts her car in gear and drives off as her car rumbles with power and disappears into the distance with a loud roar.

Liam smiles as he watches her car drive off. As he looks, a different car pulls up, but this time, it is a clearly modified one. Liam looks at the car and sees that it is a modified Subaru WRX with a big wing, diffuser, tow hook, cannards, and carbon fiber skirts. The car clearly has a different exhaust note than a stock one, which Liam concludes is a removed muffler. The WRX pulls up, and a young guy gets out with a matching hoodie and sweatpants.

Barrett: Nice stinger, wasn't it?

Barrett's voice is heard with a mainly American accent with small hints of irish here and there. Liam looks surprised

Liam: Oh, you saw it, too.

Barrett: Yeah, it was a nice color, too. Well, anyway, I'm here to get my car dried. Think you can do it?

Liam: Of course, Monsieur (sir). I'll get right on it.

Barrett smiles and steps back, letting Liam dry his car.

Barrett: I overheard you guys talking. I heard you wanted to be a racer. Well, you're in luck, I dabble a bit in racing. But let's just say it's heavily underground in a sense.

Liam looks curious

Liam: Are you a street racer?

Barrett: You're spot on. Yeah, I am. I've got a few wins under my belt and gotten away from a few cops you know the deal.

Liam suddenly is intrigued and wants to learn more.

Liam: You have such a nice car. Do you race in this one?

Barrett: Yeah, she's my baby. Nice and tuned for racing but also still being a daily. Hehe. I come here a lot because of all the dirt that gets caked up on the car when I'm darting down highways, hehe.

Liam: Are you a really good street racer?

Barrett: Yeah, I know a lot about racing on these Montreal roads. Especially the ones around Mount Royal there, basically like Japanese touges.

Liam gets happy hearing about Barretts racing endeavors.

Liam: Do you have a cool name?

Barrett: Not really they just called me by my name, Barrett. It matches since I fly down highways like a Barrett sniper hehe.

Liam: Is Barrett your actual name?

Barrett: You bet. I know it's such an unheard of name.

Liam: Well It sounds cool.

Barrett: Thanks. I heard you say you had a Veloster N, right?

Liam: Yeah, 2019.

Barrett: *whistles* That's a mean machine you got there. One of the best cars to street race in, really. Its handling is beautiful, and its turbo charged engine really packs a punch. And don't get me started on that beautiful sound. You basically got an aftermarket exhaust on there but straight from the factory.

Liam gets curious

Liam: Really?

Barrett: Yeah, I see so many clips of them smoking cars left and right if they're used right. That's a car that really relies on its driver, though.

Liam: Yeah, people say I'm lucky I have one.

Barrett: Damn right. Have you never raced in it before?

Liam: Just sped a lot, hehe.

Barrett: Hehe, me and you both. I mean, if you want, I could help you get a foothold in the street scene. It's always evolving every day, and very few racers have an N other than this one. There is one dude but I can't remember his name, he has an Elantra N. Most of the others have your basic JDM, Muscle, or German car a Veloster N would be a nice change.

Liam: You really think so?

Barrett: Of course. You seem like a good kid both out and in the car. But hey, if you decide to enter the scene, I'm always down to help newcomers.

Liam: Thanks, maybe I will. I haven't really thought about street racing. But maybe it's time I give it a shot.

Barrett: Well, it's an amazing world out there, um, was it Liam?

Liam: Yeah, it's Liam.

Barrett: Figured I got that right. But yeah, feel free to talk to me when I come here. I expect to be here a lot more in these upcoming days.

Liam: I will. Thank you.

Barrett: No problem. But you gotta realize street racing is a big commitment and risk. If you don't feel comfortable racing, you won't do good, or you might get hurt, and no one wants that.

Liam finishes drying Barretts car, and he gets in it.

Barrett: Thanks, boss. I hope to see you out on those streets soon. Maybe you can go head to head with me one day, hehe. I'll see you, brother.

Liam: Goodbye, Barrett. Thanks for stopping by.

Barrett salutes with 2 fingers before slamming on the gas and rushing out of the car wash parking lot. Liam reflects on his conversations with Hope and Barrett and finds a newfound confidence. Street racing can't be too bad, right.....