Chapter 3: HSP Discovered

"Brayden! Julia! They're fighting AGAIN!"
    "I don't care! He's our son! We need to take care of him!" My mom said.
    "No! No one in our family should be sensitive! I hate Nicholas! He shouldn't even be here!" My dad says. Brayden grins. I just wish I could slap him right now. Of course I had to blurt out, "WHY WON'T YOU JUST ACCEPT WHO I AM!?" I ran into my room crying. My mom opens the door and comes into my room.
    "I know...I know...let it all out...your father is being a real jerk right now. I love you. You know that...right?"
    "Well," I stop. I think about what I was going to say next, "I..love you too."
I lay down on my bed and grab all my plushies and hug them. Maybe I'm not a problem. I don't know. I asked my mom, "Are you sensitive?" She nodded. "I was going to divorce your dad but he threatened to do something really bad to me. Something you should not know right now." I was about to ask, like what? I walk out of my room when dad sees me, he says, "Idiot." My mom slaps him on the face and Brayden looks at me.
    "He's not lying sensitive." Brayden tells me. "Yes he is..." I answer back. My mom grounds Brayden for making me feel bad and slaps him on his tongue. Julia is just standing there and looking at everyone. "Don't worry Nicholas. I'm here for you." I smile back at her.
As we're sitting down at the table eating dinner, I look at my food. Spaghetti and meatballs with some strawberries and garlic bread. I think of Julia as the strawberries, nice and sweet, and I think of my dad and Brayden as the garlic bread, buttery and sometimes raging hot, as in mean. Then I'm the spaghetti, everyones likes spaghetti, but they eat the garlic bread more. Spaghetti is in the middle.
I open up my trumpet case and play a song. "BOOO!" My dad yells. "YOU SUCK! BOOO!" I put my trumpet down and feel this rock stuck in my stomach. I go up to my dad and slap him on the face, put soap all over him, put whipped cream on him, and dump water on him.
"YOU'RE GROUNDED!!!! FOREVER!"
I look at my mom, silently she says, "No you're not sweetie. Thank you." I smile at her. I walk up to my room and get ready for bed.
While I'm getting my pajamas on, I think about moving to Arizona. I start thinking about my teacher. What will she be like? Tomorrow will be my last day at my school. I haven't gone since grandpa Frank passed away. I look at my dad in the kitchen trying to dry himself off. I hate him, he hates me. I know that for a fact.