Professor Lupin let out a laugh. "Surely you're both wondering why I didn't let you fight those boggarts?" Harry and I both fell silent. "I would have thought it'd be obvious. I assumed it would take the shape of Lord Voldemort."

My eyes fell to the floor with the mention of Voldemort. I was fully expecting Tom Riddle to appear in front of my entire year, and while nobody knew what Tom Riddle really looked like, I didn't want to see him again. I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle looking into his cold, dead eyes again, but I definitely wasn't ready to look into Sirius Black's.

"I did think of Voldemort at first, but then I remembered that night on the train. The dementor." Harry answered before I could even think of something to say.

"I'm impressed. That suggests that what you fear the most is fear itself. This is very wise." Professor Lupin said.

"Why didn't you let me fight my boggart, Harry?" I interrupted, and Harry nearly choked on his tea.

"Uh..."

"I must admit, I wouldn't have either, Jupiter." Professor Lupin sighed. I winced. "Not because I didn't believe you were capable, but because I didn't want you to be."

"Why?" I asked, but before he could respond, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." Professor Lupin called, and Snape opened the door. He was carrying a goblet, which was smoking faintly and stopped at the sight of Harry and I, his black eyes narrowing.

"Ah, Severus." Professor Lupin smiled. "Thanks very much. Could you leave it here on the desk for me?" Snape set down the goblet, his eyes wandering between me, Harry and Professor Lupin. "I was just showing Harry and Jupiter my grindylow."

"Fascinating." Snape said without looking at the tank. "You should drink that directly, Lupin."

"Yes, I will."

"I made an entire cauldron full." Snape continued. "If you need more."

"I should probably take some again tomorrow. Thanks very much, Severus."

"Not at all." Snape said as he backed out of the room.

Professor Snape had made a Wolfsbane potion. This had only confirmed my suspicions about Professor Lupin. It wasn't like I was going to change how I felt about the teacher, not in the slightest. I wondered if Professor Dumbledore knew. I wondered if any other students had figured it out. As I looked over at Harry's confused expression, I knew he certainly hadn't. That didn't shock me, though.

"Professor Snape has very kindly concocted a potion for me." Professor Lupin smiled, also catching onto Harry's expression. "I have never been much of a potion brewer and this one is particularly complex." He picked up the goblet and smelled it. "Pity sugar makes it useless." He sighed before he took a sip and shivered.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"I've been feeling a bit off-color." Professor Lupin lied. "This potion is the only thing that helps. I am very lucky to be working alongside Professor Snape; there aren't many wizards who are up to making it." He took another sip. Harry was eyeing the cup suspiciously.

"Professor Snape's very interested in the dark arts." Harry suddenly blurred out. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, here we go." I groaned, resting my head in my hands. Harry had a tendency to think someone is always either being attacked or poisoned. He shot me a glare.

"Really?" Professor Lupin asked, looking only mildly interested as he took another drink of the potion.

"Some people reckon he'd do anything to get the Defense Against The Dark Arts job." Harry continued.