XII

Ceasare's POV

I don't know why I did that, I just couldn't hold myself when I saw both of them go somewhere else together. I stayed put. I really did, but when none of them returned I rushed to the direction where they went.

Something pulled the strings in my heart when I saw her so close to that damn bastard, she was holding him by his collar, and their faces were so close, I have never been this close to her, but he... and when he noticed me staring at them, he placed that damned hand of his on her divine face caressing it. Ah, I would kill that bastard, and that hand is the first thing that I will tear off. 

I tried to hold myself back, but that damn smirk of his, I could not keep myself from beating him now.

"Evelyn" I called for her, but she didn't seem to notice.

"Eve", I called her, trying to garner her attention to me, which she did.

I reached to her grabbed her wrist, pulled her to my side, and tried to rush back to Alexander before my killing intent kills that damn bastard. I don't want to show my violent side to Evelyn. And yes I have decided to call her Evelyn now. Why? That damn bastard gets to call her whatever he wants, then so can I. I'll cut his tongue first.

"There is nothing between me and Ed, Your Highness", she tried to explain it to me with her pleading blue eyes. I found myself tightening my grip around her wrist. She calls me 'Your Highness', and just 'Ed' to that bastard, when did they become so close? Why can't she just call me Cesare? I don't know what is that I am feeling right now. 

"I know", I said and the silence engulfed us. I know she is not the one who could go around cheating on her fiance, but then again, I am just her fake fiance, and it's a deal that when we find someone we love, our engagement will be over. So there is nothing wrong with her having an affair with another man. But god, why do I feel miserable?

------

Enika/Evelyn's POV

When we reached where Alexander and Olivia were, The crown prince let go of my hand. I think there is something going on with him, I can't seem to put a finger on it. 

"You are here, Eve, I wanted to introduce you to, Lady Olivia Hazelwood." Alexander said as I sat near him, and continued, "She is going to be your lady-in-waiting since you seem to have none."

Oh, Alexander I know why you are doing this, I chuckled to myself, he probably wants to keep Olivia near him, by the pretence of her being my Lady-in-waiting. Well, I don't mind, I could help having a friend.

"Greetings, Lady Gracia, I am Olivia Hazelwood", Olivia said standing up and bowing to me.

"Greetings, Lady Olivia, please call me Evelyn", I said.

"Pardon me my lady, but I could not--"

"I insist you call me Evelyn, Lady Olivia", I said to her with a smile.

"Then please call me, Olivia, Evelyn", she said smiling. Oh my god, she looks so ethereal with those brown hair of hers. She is kind too, as expected of the female lead.

It's been hours since our introduction and Olivia seems to have opened up to me, within an hour she has told me everything about her and Ester, that I could possibly know. But the interesting part isn't this. It is that during the whole time, Alexander had held a book but hadn't once peeked into its contents. His gaze had been following Olivia for like, hours. He is completely smitten by her. What used to be a childhood crush has turned into something else.

It was getting dark, and Olivia had to rush back to her home. She bid us goodbye and went her way. All this time Alexander's gaze was following her.

It was decided that we all should go inside the manor to have dinner. We stood up and Victor and Edmund were the first ones to go inside. Wow, they are here to protect us but look at them.

I, Alexander and Ceasare were walking by each other's side. I think this is the right time to word my thoughts.

"So, brother, my memories weren't the only reason we are here, right?" I said nudging him.

He blushed, but managed to hold his composure, "I don't understand, what you're trying to say, Eve." He tried to act dumb.

But before I could say anything Cesare interrupted, "Oh come on Alex, you understand everything. You think we wouldn't notice you looking at Olivia with puppy eyes, as if you wanted all her attention to yourself. You didn't even try to hide it. Some knight you are." He laughed and I too joined him, I mean look at Alexander his face is all flushed right now.

"I--", he tried to come up with something but then, he glanced at us once and darted towards the dining hall.