X

We had arrived at the Ester manor and in front of us stood an old man, possibly the butler in charge of this place.

"I, Kristoff Hazelwood, welcome you, your grace, Lady Gracia and Your Highness", he says as he bows towards us and then looks behind us at the Crown prince. I almost left a chuckle hearing the name Kristoff, but instantly felt a tinge in my heart, I miss home. I have to find a killer as soon as possible and go back to my world. I don't know what I am missing. I want to hear my favourite songs, watch my favourite movies, ah I am missing cricket. I hope we are winning the matches. I want to see Kohli's century. Oh goodness, I am homesick.

"Oh stop with this old man, you don't have to be this formal, now let us go inside the manor. It's been years since we have been here." Alexander says with a smile that reached his eyes, yes smiling, for all the time I have been here, Alex has not smiled like this. I feel childhood places do have a way of making us feel good.

The old butler looked at him, then to the crown prince and finally, his gaze rested upon me, "You have grown  quite old, Lady Evelyn, look at you, you have become a fine lady." He says as he reminisces the old days and walks us inside the manor, dropping the formalities.

"The room on the second floor had been prepared for you all." He says and asks the maid to direct us to our rooms. The knights which we brought with us were directed to the Knight's quarter and much to Edmund's dismay, he has to go there.

------

Ceasare's POV

Ah finally I can have a room all to myself, I should sleep, but is Lady Gracia going to be alright, I mean there are knights stationed in front of her room, but according to her, her killer is still after her. Should I go check on her? I should, right? I mean I am her fiancee.

I go up to the door turn the door knob, but back away. I think I should not. What will she think? Besides the night has grown old. It will not be good. 

I turn back again to the door. No no, I will just check up on her and then I will come back. Simple. 

 ------

Enika/Evelyn's POV

"What the heck are you doing here?" I ask as I saw a dark figure approach me in the dim light. It was Edmund. If anyone catches him here, I don't know what kind of rumours are going to fly tomorrow.

"Well, Evelyn if you don't remember, then I'll happily tell you that someone is after you. And you have made no steps to find him." He said approaching me, and continued, "Or do you not want to go back to your world."

"I very much do. And I have not forgotten, everything just happened so fast, and it's not like I have done nothing, I asked the crown prince for his help." I said standing up.

"You did what? You told the crown prince," he asked and I was about to say something when we heard a knock on the door.

Knock Knock

"Lady Gracia, it is me Ceasare, if you are not sleeping can you grant me an audience". The voice from behind the door said. Oh goodness, if he sees me with Edmund, I don't know what he will think. I could ask him to go, but if he had come to me this late at night, it must be something urgent. What should I do? 

I looked at Edmund who rolled his eyes and with a gesture from his hand he disappeared into thin air. I sighed. I forgot that he could do magic.

I went up to the door and found in front of me the figure of the crown prince with his dishevelled hair. He might have been thinking hard about coming here or not.

He looks at me and then diverts his gaze, his ears red. Red? Why what happened, then I looked at myself, I was wearing just a nightgown. Oh god, these guys and their sense of dressing. I think there is another "unladylike" comment coming my way. But before I could say anything, he covered me with his cape. Well, I don't mind.

"So, Your Highness, what brings you here, so late at night." It was a simple question but it came out as a taunt. Oh, I didn't mean it that way.

"Um... Lady Gracia--" 

"Call me Evelyn, you are my fiance, you are allowed that much", I said and his cheeks were flushed. Does he have a fever or what, then what is he doing roaming around?

"Um...Lady Ev---  Um...Ev..Ev..." He runs his hand through his red hair trying to say my name. What is the big deal...dude...just say it and get over with it.

"Um...Eve--Evelyn, I came here to check if you are doing alright. I mean you don't sense any danger, right? The security is tight here, so you don't have to worry about someone barging in." He finally said. So that is why he is her. How sweet of him, I told him about the assassins and he is worried about that. Well, I could now say that I did well asking for his help.

"Thank you for your concern, Your Highness, I am perfectly fine. But if you don't mind can we talk about this again tomorrow? You see I have to find the assassin as soon as possible." I said.

"Very well, Eve--- Lady Evelyn, we shall discuss about it tomorrow. Then I'll bid you good night. Besides you too can call me by my name." He added

"I won't dare, Your Highness", I said and looked at his dejected face as he went back to his room.

"You have grown quite close, I mean he is checking up on you so late at night. One might think he likes you." Edmund says from behind me. So he wasn't gone for good?

"Well, you are also here, so late at night, One might think you like me," I said teasing him

"You wish". He said and I walked towards my bed jumped on it, covered myself with the blanket, and closed my eyes, hoping that he would just go.