VIII

Enika/Evelyn's POV

We are in the carriage, and by we I mean me, Alexander and the Crown prince. I can understand why Alexander is with me but why is the Crown prince tagging along, he can go in his royal carriage, but no, he insisted on riding with us.  

Where is Edmund? He is riding a horse and is looking quite happy, I wonder why. Well he is also accompanied by Sir Lopez, he is the royal knight in charge of the Crown prince's safety. 

Everything is looking good, Alexander is reading a book and The crown prince is annoying him. I, on the other hand, am currently looking outside, we are passing through a forest, of which I don't know the name. 

This is new for me, Everything is new, I have never ridden a carriage for obvious reasons, and I am never been to a real forest, I mean if natural parks count, then yes, otherwise no. 

So I find this quite intriguing. We pass the never-ending trees and then the carriage halts. This is where we stop. There is an inn in this isolated place and we are to stay here, for the night.

I stepped out of the carriage and found the crown prince offering his hand to help me get down, and I appreciated it, a lot. I mean this heavy dress of mine is unbearable and  I could trip on it at any moment. So I took his hand and stepped down. I guess that was customary, the fiance should be the one to escort the lady down.

Alexander was already inside the Inn talking to an old lady, he had booked the rooms for us, but unfortunately for us, there were only two rooms, as not many passersby pass through here. Alexander took the keys from the old lady headed towards us and gave me one of the keys. 

Wait? So were the four of them going to stay in one room? Ah, that is interesting. I chuckled to myself. 

"What insolence is this, Alexander? I am not going to stay in a room with four of us, that will be so uncomfortable." Ceasar said.

"So, your Highness want to stay with me in my room," I said teasing him, to which he flushed.

"No", Alexander said firmly, "Eve, you go to your room we can handle the situation here, Good night then."

I felt that as my cue to go to my room and the old lady showed me to my room.

--------

Ceasar's POV

I hate this, everything about this, why are we four in a single room and there she is sleeping comfortably just because she is a lady?  

What is the problem you ask? Well, firstly I can't sleep with anyone in my room much less someone placing their leg on me. Only I know how much I struggled during academy days when I had to share my room with this bastard, but at least we had different beds, but now he is sleeping on the same bed as me. 

Which bastard I am talking about? Why? Alexander.

The other two bastards, that damn Knight of Lady Gracia were sleeping on the couch, while Victor was sleeping on the floor. I think out of us four he is the one who is suffering the most. Ah, What can I do, anyway?

I push Alexander to another side and turn to my side and am trying to sleep when I notice his leg upon me again. Ah this bastard, but I guess I was too tired to do anything and slowly drifted to sleep.

                                                    ************************

The next morning I stepped down the stairs and walked towards where the breakfast table was set. We are leaving after breakfast, Ester is just around the corner now.

But why is this damn knight sitting beside her, I could understand why Alexander is sitting beside her, but that knight is getting on my nerves, the seat beside her is for her fiance. And they are smiling, what is so funny? I walked towards them and sat in front of Lady Gracia as that was the only chair vacant. 

They both were playing some sort of game which Lady Gracia came up with, she is telling him how to play it, but why does she have to hold his hand for that, and why is he so dumb?

"What fun game are you playing, Lady Gracia?" I ask her so that she can divert her attention from him.

"Oh this, this is called 'ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS', you have to make a gesture by the hand of either rock or paper or scissor, if you make rock and the other one makes paper then you are defeated, but if the other one makes scissor, then you won, or if you make paper then you are defeated by scissors, that is all. Best of three wins." She says her eyes dazzling with excitement. I am almost drawn in those eyes, but I pull myself back into reality.

"Oh, that is interesting, would you try it with me," I said as the old lady readied the breakfast, Alexander was busy reading the newspaper, though I knew he was listening keenly to his sister.

"Why, of course, let's do this then, best of three wins, and whoever loses will owe the other a wish." She said clasping her hands.

"Bet, let's see who wins," I said and looked at that damn knight, who was now busy talking with Victor but listening to the bet they both turned towards me and so did Alexander, their eyes glistening with amusement.

"Oh guys, this is just a silly game, you don't have to be so attentive", she said as she flushed a bit out of embarrassment. I could not help but look at her being flustered as a smile formed on my lips.

 Smile? What? 

What is wrong with me these days?

I have never felt like this before, but her presence feels so warm these days. 

Oh god. What am I thinking?