𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒

Hongjoong stood in front of the beautifully pink painted wooden door of the adress that was written onto the piece of paper held tightly in his hand.

His eyes were probably still red and puffy and he could feel the stains his tears had left on his face, but he needed to know if Seonghwa was safe and well. He couldn't wait the next day to check, his nerves were getting the best on him.

He noticed there was no doorbell beside the door, so his only option was to knock and hope that someone would answer the door, which happened quite fast if he was being honest.

In front of him stood a guy with slightly long black hair and a confused expression. The guy had a mole under one of his eyes Hongjoong noticed.

They stood in silence in front of each other for quite a few seconds before the guy turned around and screamed "Yunho! Did you invite a friend over?!?!"

Hongjoong tried to speak, but he was cut off when another voice replyed from the inside with a "No Woo, it must be San!!"

"San's already here!!"

"Actually—"

"Then who's this purple haired guy at the door??!?"

There was a tumph inside and the guy's, Woo apparently, eyes widened in what Hongjoong could only recognize as worry.

"Hwa, what are you doing?! You can't get up!!"

"Seonghwa's here?"

"You know Seonghwa?" The guy turned back to him.

"Wooyoung, please let him in." A familiar voice spoke. It was undoubtedly Seonghwa's, and Hongjoong's heart immediately started beating quicker as it took command and he pushed the guy standing at the door aside to rush inside.

The sight broke his heart.

Seonghwa was being helped up by a red haired guy after he fell, Hongjoong thought, trying to stand up. He was wearing a white t-shirt and sweat pants, but his arms were colored in blue and purple bruises, as well as his face.
One of his eyes was slightly closer than the other, circled by an horrendous purple spot, and he had a cut on his upper lip.

Hongjoong immediately run to him, ignoring the complaints the male behind him was throwing at him, and gently took the place of the red haired male that was previously helping Seonghwa wrapping his arms carefully around his torso.

Once Seonghwa was finally seated on the couch again he looked at Hongjoong with lucid eyes and an extremely apologetic expression.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered, and Hongjoong just wanted to hold him tightly in his arms and tell him that it was okay, that he had a reason for disappearing like that and that he souldn't worry about that. But it wasn't really a bright idea considering the other's condition, so he settled on cupping his face with his hands, stroking the older's cheeks with his thumbs and leaning his forehead on his.

"I- I wanted to call you but I didn't remember your phone number and... I couldn't move and I don't—"

"It's okay, Hwa."

His voice was soft and held an amount of care and thoughtfullness out of this words as he leaned just a bit closer to gently press his lips on the older's in a simple peck.

The voices of the other two guys in the background stopped in that moment but Hongjoong was too focused on wiping away Seonghwa's tears that were streaming down his face to care about that.

"It's okay." He repeated. Seonghwa wrapped his arms around him and pulled him closer, burying his face in Hongjoong's stomach as he couldn't stand up to actually face him face to face.