𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒

It had been a month since they had kissed, and Seonghwa wad trying his best to avoid the other.

Why? You might ask, and well, the answer was really simpler that you think.

Of course it was because of his father.

When he had gone back home afyer having spent the night there he had forgotten to remove the nail polish that Hongjoong had put on him while they were joking, and he had receive an hour long lesson on why he should stop acting like a girl and on how he was going back to being a "disgusting faggot".

He had managed to get away with it saying that his supposed girlfriend had wanted to see how it looked on someone before putting it on, but he was sure his father wasn't a hundred percent sure that was the truth.

And he had almost hit him again.

That's why he was avoiding the other.

If his father was able to hurt his own son Seonghwa couldn't imagine what he was able to do to someone that wasn't his blood.

He had seen him hit his mother.

He didn't want it to happen to Hongjoong too.

He was trying to keep him safe.

So for the past month he restrained himself from talking to the younger. He had asked his teacher to change his seat so that he could sit in the front of the classroom, as far away from the other as possible.

He began skipping lessons again, and whenever Hongjoong entered a room, Seonghwa would walk out.

The younger had tried to talk to him too, but he had pretended not to have heard him and walked away as fast as he could without running.

He could see the pained looks he gave him everytime they locked eyes, and he choosed to ignore them.

But deep down he wasn't ignoring them. Every single time he heard the other's voice his heart seemed to try to kill him for how hard it was beating in his chest, and everytime they locked eyes shame and guilt never failed to wash over him like an unstoppable waterfall.

He was doing this for his safety.

So that Hongjoong could be safe.

So when the younger yelled his name after class today he quickly threw everything messily into his backpack and walked out of the classroom.

That apparently didn't work like the other times he had done it, because he was pulled back from his arm just as he was walking out of the school entrance.

Hongjoong was looking at him, a serious expression on his face as he held firmly Seonghwa's wrist, not tight enough to hurt him, but enough not to let him escape his grip.

"We need to talk." He spoke sternly keeping his gaze focused on the older one's, who couldn't help but comply at his request, even if he was sure that even if he hadn't accepted to talk, he would have been forced anyway this time.

That's why they were sitting on the swings in that same park in which they had talked the first time.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

"...I'm not—"

"You are Seonghwa! And I don't know what the fuck I've done wrong!! Was it because we didn't talk about the kiss?!? Was that why?? Because I don't regret it one bit and if you do you just have to tell—"

"I don't regret—"

"THEN WHY?!" He rubbed his eyes with the sleeve of his t-shirt. "...Why would you avoid me...?"

"Hongjoong..."

"Seonghwa, if it wasn't obvious already, I like you. A lot at that. So if I have to move on and forget about that kiss please tell me now before I get the wrong idea."

Seonghwa was speechless. Hongjoong liked him and he had managed to break his heart when all he wanted to do was keep him safe. Why was life so unfair?

"...I like you too."

"Then kiss me. Kiss me again, show me that you really like me. Please stop avoiding me‐"

Hongjoong was crying now, and it broke Seonghwa's heart.

So without thinking he stood up from the swing, walked in front of Hongjoong, and leaned down until he was just a few centimeters away from his face.

He looked in the younger's eyes, trying to find any sing that he was unsure, or that he didn't want that, but there were any.

And with one last apologetic look he closed the distance, sealing their lips for the third time now, and it felt just like the first one, if not more.

He could taste the other's tears in the kiss, but he didn't mind it.

He had to made up for everything he made the younger feel because of his dumb behaviour, for every tear he shed because he was ignoring him.

He hadn't realized until now that his actions were affecting the other this badly.

But again, he didn't know Hongjoong liked him, even if that wasn't really an acceptable excuse.

Seonghwa didn't know for how long they kept kissing, breaking apart here and there to catch their breaths, because he didn't pull away until the other had stopped crying, just to rest their foreheads together.

"I'm sorry Joong, I didn't want to make you sad."

Hongjoong chuckled lightly. "Didn't you say you were never going to call me Joongie?"

Seonghwa smiled fondly at that, remembering when the other had saved his contact on his phone.

"I didn't, I called you Joong."

They shared one last hug before Seonghwa pulled slightly back to brush his thumb on Hongjoong's cheek.

"Can I walk you home?"

"Please do."