14

xiv

xiv. prep
monday, 5:38pm

                          i was in the target parking lot waiting for the rain to slack up. on my way from eren's it started raining all of a sudden.

there was no point in turning around and going home since i was already here. but damn the rain didn't look like it was going be letting up any time soon.

my phone was dying and i was low on gas. i didn't wanna leave my car on to charge my phone cause what ima do with a charged phone and dead car battery.

i sighed before i crawled over my middle console and into the back seat. i searched the trunk area for something to put over my head. i grabbed a grey beanie putting it on and adjusting it properly over my head.

looking into my phone camera, i knew just this beanie wouldn't be enough. i still would've been soaked since i parked some ways from the store. i rummaged some more through the trunk before finding a long cardigan that reached my ankle.

damn i needa clean my trunk out. i crawled back over the middle console grabbing my bag and placing my phone into it. i wrapped the cardigan around me like some mom on there way to pick up there kids from school.

i braced myself before getting out the car. i swung my door open and ran towards the target. oh emm geee it's colddd as hell. i finally made it into the store. i took off the wet cardigan and put it into the shopping cart along with my bag.

i walked around pushing the basket as i made my way around the store i grabbed different snacks and candy along with some popcorn. i wanted to cook something to eat for me and eren but honestly the food at target didn't look to good.

i sighed since i didn't have much food at home to cook and i didn't feel like getting gas to go to the grocery store . i'll just instacart it i shrugged. i walked over to the essential area, picking up some body wash, body scrub & some more skin and hygiene products since i was running low on almost everything.

once i was done getting a few more things i walked over to self check out ranging up my items and paying with apple pay. once i was done i put my cardigan on wrapping it around me.

it was still raining hard probably harder then earlier. i quickly grabbed all my bags, i had a lot of bags but i honestly wasn't about to be pushing that damn cart in all this rain. just imagine seeing somebody running with a damn shopping basket. what if i fall... oh hell no.

i put the bags on each of my hands and began to brace myself from the hard wind and harsh rain.

i ran so damn fast to the car you would've thought i was Sha'Carri Richardson. throwing my bags into the passenger seat. i turned on the car quickly turning on the heat. i pulled outta the parking lot making my way home.

☆ ✯ ☆

i had gotten out of the shower a couple mins ago. i was now standing in the kitchen with my robe on looking at the person dropping off my groceries from the window. he better got all my shit. i wanted for him to drive off before grabbing the few bags off my door step.

i placed them on top of the counter. before i heard a loud beeping coming from my phone

'tornado watch ⚠️. please stay in doors if outside find a closed shelter & get to low grounds '

i knew all that damn rain won't just a lil rain shower. my city wasn't in the high risk area but we will be getting heavy rain and harsh winds until three to four a.m.

i signed hopefully this doesn't effect eren still coming. just to make sure i texted him.

imessage
eren 🙈

if you can't make it today it's fine

i said i'll spend the day with you
i meant that

ill be there in about a hour and thirty

okay. i'm cooking so don't eat
anything

yes ma'am 🫡

i laughed at the message before heading back upstairs to find something to wear since i was still in my bath robe. i threw on a sweater and shorts making sure i was comfortable while i cooked.

i made my way downstairs turning on the tv and flipping on Law & Order: SVU. i looked over at the bags on the counter before pulling all the food out of them. i was going make chicken breast smothered in a creamy tomato sauce over mash potatoes aka 'marry me' chicken

i began to prepare the food starting with the washing of the potatoes and chicken breast. afterwards i peeled and diced the potatoes before putting them into a pot of boiling water while they were boiling i seasoned my chicken.

after a good 15 mins and some on the phone gossiping with juno the potatoes were now soft. i began to mash them. while mashing i added in milk and heavy whipping cream plus a lil salt & garlic powder to the potatoes.

once they were done i put it on the stove for a good five mins just letting them heat up some more and get even softer. i placed the seasoned chicken breast into a pan searing it on both sides for 8 mins making sure it was evenly cooked throughout.

once done i put the cooked chicken onto a plate as i waved my face with my hand. damn it getting hot i said pulling at the collar of my sweater.

i pulled my sweater up some so now it was half on and half off. i finished the food off by cooking up the sauce to put over the chicken & mash potatoes. i added heavy whipping cream to a pan along with some sun dried tomatoes, different spices, chicken broth & fresh thyme.

i'm doneeeee. i said out loud as i turned the stove off and put the cooked chicken into the pan full of sauce letting it marinate in the sauce some. i looked over at the time seeing it was close to eight. as i waited for eren to get here i set two plate on the table.

"you'll make such a good house wife" ja'naey said from the other side of the phone. she had facetimed me while i was finishing up the sauce.

i looked over at the phone that was against a random water bottle before sticking my middle finger up causing her to laugh.

as our conversation grew longer i heard a knock come from the door. i looked out the window seeing it was eren. " that's my que i gotta go now. love you nayy"

"love you too. MAKE ME A AUNTIE!!" she yelled before hanging up. this bitch is outta her rabbit ass mind. i fixed my sweater on me properly before walking over to the door and opening it.

"miss me ma?" eren smiled

[a/n: hey yall 🤭. im so proud of myself i've been constant for the pass couple of weeks now. i love all of y'all who read and interact with my book. y'all really my pookies fr 🫶

but....

how would yall feel if i start my other published book "Die For You C. springer" the intro has been out for two years now & i think ik how i wanna start it off so what y'all think ??? i might just test the waters by dropping one or two chapters, it won't effect me dropping chapters for this book tho.. PS yall peep me describing the cooking.. i kinda ate that one lil thing 🤭 this was just a filler chapter tbh, get ready for the next one 🌚]