Cavalry Battle

I do not own Ben 10, My Hero Academia, or any of the art used in this chapter.

Previously:

"Let me explain-each team will be comprised of 2 to 4 people, with the leader sitting on top of all the others. However, there is a catch. Each team will start out with a different amount of points based on their placing, going up by 5. So 42nd place has 5, 41st has 10, and so on. Your team's total points will be combined, and your total amount of points will be on your team's headband! Tennyson got first place, so he starts with.. 10 MILLION!"

"So in other words-we get him...and we win." someone said from the crowd.

"That's right, It's survival of the fittest!"

Ben looked around, and he looked like a helpless fish in a sea of hungry sharks, and couldn't help but feel...that he was about to be in big trouble.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The objective is to steal headbands from other teams and gather as many points as you can. These headbands must be worn from the neck-up, so the more you steal, they harder they get to wear. And one more thing-even if your team loses all of it's headbands, or you fall down, you can still keep fighting until time's up! You may use your quirks as much as you like, but you will be disqualified if you intentionally knock over another team. You will have 15 minutes to choose your teams, Time starts now!"

Backugo was surrounded by his classmates, all asking to be on his team.

"Backugo, you should have me on your team!" Sato said.

"No, you really want me on your team!" Mina said.

"Wait, could you tell me your names and what your quirks are again?" Backugo asked.

"Come on, we're your classmates, how could you be so self-centered?!"

Meanwhile, Ben was all alone, since he was the target.

"Um, hey Kev, Gwen, come here for a sec!" Ben said, thankfully before they could join another team.

"Look, I know that I'm the target, so I understand if you don't want to, but I think we would make a great team. With Gwen's useful powers and smarts, Kevin's strength, and all of my forms to choose from, we'd be unstoppable!" Ben said.

"I don't know Ben, this is my only chance to get into the hero course..." Gwen replied.

"I'm with Ben, if we work together, I think we have a shot at this, but it'll take all of us." Kevin said, looking at Gwen.

"...Ok, I'm in. don't let me down Ben." Gwen decided.

"...I won't." Ben replied.

"Now we just need one more person..."

But they wouldn't have to find anyone, as the same girl from earlier ran up to them.

"Team up with me, person in first place!" She yelled in Ben's face.

"Aah so close who are you!?"

"The name's Mei Hatsume, I'm from the support course! We haven't met, but I'd like to use your current fame to my personal advantage!" She replied.

"Very...straightforward." Gwen said.

"Oh what's that on your wrist?!" Hatsume asked exitedly.

She picked up Ben's arm and began examining the watch.

"Wow I've never seen anything like this, ooh, what does this do!?" She said, almost transforming Ben.

"Um, i wouldn't do that, it's kind of...sensitive" He said nervously, pulling his arm away.