CHAPTER 69! there was no way eternity could be torture if she was with him

Start from the beginning

she was holy and he was the worlds greatest sinner.

eternal worship in the prettiest nights echoed permanently. the idea of living forever terrified percy. it rattled his bones and made his brain hurt.

how was that possible?

to live, as you are, until the end of time?

until he was nothing?

what was time? how was it created? who created it? who created the being that created time?

on and on, forever.

percy would never feel the peace of ceasing to exist.

his heart would forever beat against his ribs when he got a single glimpse of cherry.

nothing else was visible at any time but her.

any fear he had of immortality was gone when he thought of cherry.

there was no way eternity could be torture if she was with him.

even if she was gone, percy could live the rest of his life on the thought of the red-haired girl, alone.

that's what made the months he'd spent at camp jupiter bearable.

he'd will himself up with the vision of her face.

her voice whispered to him at every moment. he missed what he did not know.

he felt twelve again, even if he had no idea what had happened.

the red-haired girl held onto the boy until her arms hurt.

her eyes watered and her heart tensed up.

everything was fragile.

the sweet flavor of her lips was like drugs against percy's own.

finally, when they pulled away, percy wrapped his arms around her as close as he could. he couldn't catch his breath. he never could, not around her.

the warm breeze enveloped them.

cherry inhaled the scent of saltwater and coconut.

he was in her arms again. after months, they were back.

if she were to die right then and there, she'd be satisfied. the sunlight glimmered on them, electricity coursing through their veins.

everything was fine again.

the stars would rise into the night sky like they always did, and an extra one would shine just for him.

"i hate to interrupt.." leo lied.

percy pulled away sheepishly, eyeing cherry one last time.

he introduced reyna to everybody.

"this is cherry," jason said. "percy's her boyfriend, if you couldn't tell."

"hi." cherry greeted, embarrassed.

"pleased to meet you." reyna clasped her hand firmly. "it seems we have a lot to discuss. centurions!"

a few of the roman campers hustled forward.

two kids appeared at percy's side, the same ones cherry had seen around percy earlier.

reyna gave orders to her officers, ".. tell the legion to stand down. dakota, alert the spirits in the kitchen. tell them to prepare a welcome feast. and, octavian-"

"you're letting these intruders into the camp}" a tall guy with stringy blond hair elbowed his way forward. "reyna, the security risks-"

"we're not taking them to the camp, octavian. we'll eat here, in the forum."