×【CHAPTER≡001: INDEPENDENCE DAY】×

✧《FEW MINUTES LATER: PLANET EARTH 『JULY 04TH, 2010』》✧

☆「LOCATION: MOUNT JUSTICE 【HAPPY HARBOR, RHODE ISLAND】」☆

☽〔EVA NELSON'S POINT OF VIEW〕☾

I was inside the main room typing out mission reports and checking on each status of every hero when I was being called to head inside the conference room. I quickly finished the last report and sent it over to the watchtower for further instruction. I stood up and walk over to the Justice League, knowing Uncle Bruce was in his Batman persona.

"Yes sir," Bruce begun explaining the whole situation of how Will left and the rest was staying in the Hall of Justice.

'I'm guessing the boys snuck out and they want me to find them...are you kidding me? It'll take me some time to find those stubborn idiots and could last almost half a week.' I thought while crossing my arms and giving Bruce just an raised eyebrow.

"I can find them," I replied to their instructions, earning appreciative looks and sighs of relief. "But under two conditions, the first one being able to be put on the line of hero work not as Mouse...as a new person, and the second one...the girls are coming with me cause I don't trust myself being on my own out there and they need to learn how to do this by themselves. By the way, Will called in and checked on me...I supported his decisions on being lone wolf...it's his choices...not mine...not yours and anybody else's in here. If he wants to prove himself, let him do that...it ain't the first rodeo I've seen and been through this with Adam plenty of times. Give us a chance to do something unexpected for once...please?"

I knew I won the whole thing, I mentally smirked in victory as I saw the ones with sidekicks brought out the girls and I got the best deal for this. Martian Girl-Hunter [Miss Martian], Rocket, Arrowette [Artemis Crock], Zatanna [Zee Zatara], and Raven are my best chances of finding the guys and getting my targets out from Cadmus alive. Before the League left, I held back Uncle Clark along with Aunt Diana for a private chat due to them losing their first-born child each when they were younger...around my current age range...it was internally hurting them that others around their generation have gone missing by sneaking out of disobedience.

"I missed them too," they stared down at me with a saddened look and a deep frown, knowing that I can sense the fear and sadness coming from their auras about this whole mission.

"I'll never forgive Luthor for his actions and how he took Conner from my life. Veronica then takes my god-daughter away and it destroyed Kaldur once we told him what happened to her. Octavia was his world, it almost made him turn rogue with vengeance to honor her and find her himself till his pals got him back on his feet in the right path. I lost both of them," I hugged Uncle Clark tight and let the Man of Steel hold me...he'll get closure like Aunt Diana.

"Lois, Steve, and our families never forget about them...neither did M'gann and Kaldur. They were always there for our kids...their childhood crushes and now this...falling in love with my daughter and god-son. Her uncle told me how she was doing, the breakdowns...her antisocial behavior, her nightmares of losing the person she loves the most...she lost Conner, and you'll get justice for Conner once this is over." I will Aunt Diana, I know she's alive with Conner, Luthor and Cale won't be happy for long...just they wait and see.

They're gonna pay for what they've done to Conner and suffer behind bars. I know he's still alive, Conner never give up without a fight like Octavia...and I knew this plan better be perfect by Dubbilex starting the fire. M'gann will probably ask how did I know about them being gone, let's say being within my Anodite form will cause my instincts and senses to start going primal.

"They could be still alive, we have to pray that I can find them with a lot of help and get both of our loved ones home fully alive. If not, I won't stop till I bring them both back safe and sound...I promise." I reassured the two founders of the Big Four, holding Diana's hands in my smaller ones. "I...Evelina Gwendolyn Nelson...swore to get Conner and Octavia back home...no matter the cost...even it means losing my own life."