Chapter 7

Warriors had long grown accustomed to waking up in unfamiliar places. At the beginning of this journey, he used to wake up disoriented and tenser than a drawn bow. He didn't know where he was, and he couldn't remember who he was with.

Now, however, he regains consciousness to the sounds of some of his brothers' snores surrounding him and a distinct feeling of safety.

Opening his eyes he's met with the low rolling fog of the area they had set up camp in, outside of the arena where he got his ass kicked.

It was only a little disturbing how silent the forest was, but considering there was a god less than a hundred feet away from where they were, it made sense why wildlife avoided the place. From what he could see through the fog and the treetops, the sun had still not risen.

With a sigh, he sat up from his bedroll, surveying his surroundings. Most of his brothers were still asleep, Four and Time were up, engaged in weapon maintenance, and Wild was carefully crafting mushroom skewers above his portable cooking pot — it was portable in the sense that he shoved it into his slate and took it out when he needed to. They had unanimously decided to eat lightly before setting off for the city and had hopes of finding a food vendor once they arrived. The feast they handed off to the wolves yesterday sent their meat stores back by quite a bit, and as most of them had gone hungry at some point in their lives they were keen on saving as much of it as they could.

Wrapping his scarf around his neck and shaking his head to rid himself of any thoughts, he stood up from his bedroll and started storing it away.

As much as Warriors wanted to stay wrapped up in his blankets, Andrius wanted them gone when the sun rose and he would prefer not to encroach on the god's territory any longer, thank you very much.

After he was done with that, he decided it would be safe to wake up Sky and Twilight first, mostly due to their fast reflexes in case they were ambushed while he was waking up the younger ones. Despite the others deciding this was a safe place to rest without a watch, he believes one can never be too careful. Besides, Sky takes so much time to fully wake up that waking him up first is just the way it goes when they are in a rush like they are now.

So, with that in mind, he walked over to Sky's bedroll and kneeled at his side. From his peripheral, he could see Four moving over to Hyrule's side to wake him up, which was rather easy for him. For Warriors, it took a couple of pokes and shakes before Sky so much as graced him with a grunt and a quick sleepy swat at his hand.

"Sky," he hissed, shaking at his shoulder a little more. "Wake up." That just earned him another grumble, so rolling his eyes he took the end of his scarf and started wiggling it over his nose. That seemed to do the trick, as Sky's face twitched before it scrunched up and Warriors was gifted with a sneeze right into his poor scarf. He should've expected it, although graciously, there was no snot on the fabric, thank Hylia. Taking advantage of Sky's somewhat open eyes, he patted his cheek and leaned over him to be in his line of vision. "C'mon, Sleepyhead, we have to get ready to move."

After seeing the way Sky fumbled and slowly ripped himself from his bedroll, Warriors was satisfied that he was somewhat awake, so he moved on to the next person. Taking a second to see who was awake, he took notice that Four had successfully woken up Hyrule and Legend, and Time had moved and awoken Twilight. Wild was ushering them all towards the light meal he had made, and Warriors didn't want to miss it and have his food go cold, so he was less than gentle waking up Wind.

This means he picked up the Sailor under his armpits like a cat and shook him awake. Ah, the joys of being a foot taller. Granted, he didn't shake him hard, but the look Wind was sending him promised a lot of pranks.