Chapter 1

Hyrule will never get used to the vertigo portal jumping brings.

Seriously, couldn't they get a break?

They had finished eating lunch after a tiring hike in Wild's Hyrule and were just settling down to converse when he felt a portal coming. How does he know when a portal is appearing? Simple — when the air smells of ozone and his magic feels heavy in his body.

As their unofficial alarm system for portals, he then informed the rest of the Chain. This prompted a chorus of groans from the other members, most specifically Wind and Sky. Twilight even had the nerve to question his portal prediction skills, but Wild — the most divinity sensitive of the group — confirmed his claims.

So, with quiet grumbles and sighs, the group started packing to be prepared. It wasn't that long before the purple-black portal swirled to life at the edge of the camp, calling to their souls and pulling them closer. So with hopeful looks it could be one of their Hyrules — preferably Time's — they stepped through.

It started like any other portal jump for Hyrule: the feeling of stepping into nothingness and getting his soul thrown around like a yarn ball in a cat's paws.

Yet, there was something... different.

Usually, it only takes a split second to go from one end of the portal to another, for a quick and 'easy' trip. But around what he would call midway, the feeling of the portal around him jerked; it threw his soul around much more aggressively and the space around him felt like it was stretching and being pulled apart.

One of the worst experiences he's felt, and he hopes he never has to go through it again.

Where was he?

Oh yeah.

Throwing up against a tree.

Really, could the portal spit him out any harder? He feels like he's been chewed on and his magic is roiling inside him the same way his stomach is. His head felt like it was splitting open and he was having trouble differentiating up from down. He barely registers Sky walking over to rub a hand soothingly against his back as he gags and heaves against the tree — if he keeps throwing up everything he eats after portals he'll never gain weight at this rate.

With a final spit and a green potion in his hand, he straightened to see the rest of the group. It seemed he wasn't the only one to be hit hard by the rough treatment. Most of his brothers were kneeling on the ground after getting spat out of the portal except for Wild, Wind, and Sky, the latter of which was still rubbing circles into his back.

Sipping at the potion to get rid of that horrid experience, he walked toward Four to check on him. He always had it the worst out of all of them, needing time to recuperate after a portal, but this one was especially bad so he's now splayed on the ground in a position that looked mighty uncomfortable. So after he kneeled next to his brother he, carefully, moved around his unconscious body so he was laying on his back more comfortably. Keeping one ear turned towards the rest of the group, he took to looking over Four's body.

"Alright," he heard Time start, turning to address the rest of them, "Does anyone recognize where we are?"

"Well, it's not my Hyrule," huffed Wind, crossing his arms with a pout. He hadn't hidden the fact that he missed his Hyrule and the sea.

It went like that, everyone awake shaking their heads with mumbled 'no's. Wild mentioned it looked similar to his, but they just came from his Hyrule so there was no chance. With everyone affirming that they could not recognize where they were, there was only one question to be asked...

"So this is a new Hyrule?" asked Twilight, his eyes scanning the cliffs.

"Maybe we're getting a new Link," offered Sky.