ALL OF US VILLAINS!

I suddenly understood the villainous urge to tear apart the self

The night sky hung above Mystic Falls like a canvas splattered with streaks of gray clouds. In the distance, bolts of lightning danced across the heavens, illuminating the otherwise dark horizon. Just as the clouds released a torrential downpour, the raindrops cascaded down with a relentless force. The pavement of the parking lot, glistening under the assault of the water, reflected the radiance of the Mystic Grill's vibrant sign, creating an intriguing interplay between light and darkness.

In this quiet small town, the only sound that permeated the air was the rhythmic pattering of raindrops, orchestrating a soothing yet melancholic melody. The downpour seemed to wash away the day's troubles, momentarily suspending time in its relentless cascade. Nature's fury was evident in the surrounding trees, their branches swaying violently as if engaged in an ancient battle with the tempest. The storm raged on, an embodiment of raw power and untamed energy.

From within the Mystic Grill, a popular restaurant nestled in the heart of the town, the ambiance was shattered by a cacophony of people screaming in horror. The tranquility of the rain-soaked streets was pierced by the sudden eruption of a gunshot and the deafening sound of more gunfire, sending shockwaves through the air. The patrons, once immersed in pleasant conversations and the savory aromas of delectable dishes, now found themselves frozen in fear as terror gripped their hearts.

The heavy wooden doors of the restaurant swung open, revealing a figure emerging from the darkness into the dimly lit interior. It was Kennedy Despréaux, a teenage girl whose presence seemed out of place amid the violence unfolding inside. Her blonde hair cascaded down her back in long, flowing locks, glistening with raindrops that had managed to find their way into the building. Her wide, fearful brown eyes darted around the parking lot, searching for an escape route, reflecting the flickering light and mirroring the terror that gripped her soul.

Kennedy stumbled through the crowds of panicking residents, her petite frame trembled with a mix of adrenaline and fear. Her tiny nostrils flared, and blood dripped from them, staining her pale skin and adding a macabre touch to her delicate features. A crooked nose, slightly skewed from a recent injury, now bore the weight of the newly drawn blood, a testament to who she knew was following her. The sight of her blood only heightened her anxiety, fueling the urgency of her escape.