Chapter 12: Rebellion

A month later, the air was thick with tension as Dogday lay on the floor of his enclosure beneath Playcare, unaware of the sinister turn that had befallen the factory above.

A malevolent force stirred among the critters. CatNap, the usually serene and sleepy feline critter, had succumbed to an unexplained rage, spreading a malevolent influence among the others. The critters, once known for their playful antics, were now transformed into agents of chaos.

DogDay's door creaked open and saw CatNap, with eyes devoid of his usual tranquility, leading the critters on a rampage through the factory. PickyPiggy, Bobby Bearhug, Hoppy Hopscotch, Kickin' Chicken, CraftyCorn—all had succumbed to the dark influence that emanated from CatNap. Their once vibrant and colourful personalities now bore witness to a chilling spectacle.

"In the refuge of divine grace, I found solace and redemption, spared from the torment that once threatened to consume me." CatNap said, holding out his paw to DogDay, "I invite you to join me, and participate in our Hour of joy."

DogDay looked at the other critters, then at CatNap.

He took his hand.

As they marched down the dark hallways of the factory, other toys joined them, such as Huggy Wuggy, and Mommy Long Legs. DogDay tried to stay out of their view after their previous experiences.

In a nightmarish symphony, the former prisoners wreaked havoc, tearing apart the bloody flesh of their torturers, and scattering the remnants of their former playful selves. The air resonated with the sounds of destruction—the clatter of metal, the tearing of fabric, and the haunting screams of the employees.

Dogday, joining in with the destruction, felt a strange sense of joy. The mischievous critter sensed that something had gone terribly wrong above. The once-lively critters had turned into a menace, and the whimsical world was now tainted with a malevolent aura.