15

Megan woke up in Alex's bed. He wasn't there, so she got up and went to the kitchen to get some water. As soon as she left the room, she saw Alex preparing breakfast. He was wearing only boxers and a small apron. Megan quietly came up behind him and hugged hem.

"Oh, someone's up? Good morning, Megan." He pulled away from the stove to kiss the woman. " Did you get enough sleep?"

"Never slept as sweetly as I did tonight," Megan smiled. She noticed the gash that ran down his right palm. "Where have you already cut yourself?"

"When I was cleaning up the shards of yesterday's broken cup, I cut myself."

"I was a little careless," Megan blushed. "What are you cooking?"

"Pancakes" He transferred their from the skillet to plates and set them on the table. "There are strawberries in the fridge, do you want some?"

"Sure." Megan sat down at the table and while Alex was putting the berries on the plates, she said, "I'm so hungry." She immediately pounced on the food.

Alex sat down calmly and slowly chewed and looked at his wristwatch.

"It's 30 minutes to eight in the morning. We have to go to work. Do you have time to get dressed?"

"Of course." Megan got up from the table and washed her plate. "Thanks, Alex," She said, walking over to him and kissing him on the cheek. Returning to her bedroom after a sweet breakfast, Megan went through her morning routine. She put on her suit from yesterday and went out to meet Alex, who had managed to put on his white shirt with rolled up sleeves and black pants while Megan was in the bathroom. When he looked at Megan, his eyes sparkled.

"You look very pretty today," He complimented, smiling sweetly, his cheeks dimpling in the way Megan loved.

"Just like yesterday and the day before."

"You could have just kept quiet and smiled," Alex rolled his eyes. "By the way, I can give you a ride if you don't care what anyone else thinks."

"I'm not in the mood to drive today, so okay."

They left the apartment building and got into Alex's car. He wore a black coat over his outfit. He had great taste. After starting the car, Alex waited for Megan to finish her cigarette before they drove to their destination.