18. Pachhtawa | Regret | پچھتاوا

───※ ·❆· ※───
Stop making yourself easily available for people who never prioritize you.

───※ ·❆· ※───
V

ote target- 600+

Continues......

AUTHOR'S POV

Rumi regained consciousness, her first question being, "Did Zayan call?"

She still hoped he would show some concern and at least acknowledge what had happened.

However, he didn't bother to visit her in the hospital.

Hamza's heart, too, realized that she was not his priority.
Both Sani and Hamza expertly ignored her question, like a pro.

RUMI'S POV

I stared at Sani and Dr. Hamza, feeling a mix of shock and gratitude. It was surprising to see them here, especially Dr. Hamza, knowing they had brought me to the hospital.

But amid my gratitude, I felt ashamed.they saw me in this state. Sani used to ask me about if I'm happy or not but I always assured her that I was.what will she think now looking me in this state. And My last encounter with Dr. Hamza hadn't been pleasant, yet here he was, extending help.
I couldn't ignore the fact that I had purposefully ignored him when he tried to talk to me. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't recognize his feelings for me.

Yes, I knew!!

I could see the intentions in his eyes, much like the ones I saw reflected in my own when it came to Zayan.

But it wasn't just his gaze that revealed his feelings.

A man who typically kept his distance, buried in work, never talk to anyone had opened up to me. He talked, he smiled, and most importantly, he cared.

It was undeniable evidence of his feelings, yet I chose to ignore them, afraid to give him hope only to shatter it.

I understood the pain of unrequited love, having experienced it myself.

I saw the hurt in his eyes when I avoided him or brushed off his attempts at conversation. And the heartbreak was evident when I handed him my wedding card, a moment that filled me with guilt.

But back then, I convinced myself it wasn't my fault. I was too consumed by my own happiness, eager to marry the man I loved. Now, however, I see the cruelty of fate.

A man, who loves me, while my heart longs for a man who hardly acknowledges my existence.

Irony!

I felt a surge of gratitude toward him for his help during my difficult time, but I couldn't bring myself to raise my head or meet their eyes, especially knowing the questions lingering in their gazes.

As the palpable silence enveloped us, Sani began to question me, with Dr. Hamza silently observing from the corner of the room.

Their inquiries caught me off guard, and suddenly, the memories of what had transpired in the dining room came crashing down on me.