4. Taqdeer | fate | تقدیر

❝Taqdeerein Nee Taqdeerein
Tere Sath Laraiyan Kon Kare

Taqdeerein Nee Taqdeerein
Tere Sath Laraiyan Kon Kare❞

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Continues....

"What are you asking Rumi not to tell?"

Both of them turned their faces and saw Taha entering the living room, their eyes widening. Before Taha could become more suspicious, Amina smoothly attempted to conceal the turmoil that had occurred moments ago.

"Beta, she will be so busy with her internship that she won't have time for us. I was just saying, don't tell your brother; otherwise, he might not let you do the internship."

Taha placed his bag on the sofa and took a seat in front of them. Rumi signed at her mother in relief. He understood something was amiss because he heard, "Don't tell your brother about today," implying something had happened today. However, he didn't press for more details.

A maid brought a glass of water for Taha, which he drank before asking, "By the way, where is Hana?"

"She is in her room," Rumi replied.

"She doesn't come out of her room when I'm not here," Taha stated, not as a question but an observation.

"Nothing is like that; she comes out-" Hana's parents must be close." Amina interrupted her own sentence, realizing it had been a while since Ayesha and Yusuf were on their way, and the one-hour journey meant they could arrive at any moment.

She headed towards the kitchen.

"And Rumi, about your internship, whenever it gets too much, just tell your brother, and I will handle everything, okay?" Taha said.

Rumi smiled and replied, "Ji bhai, I will tell you, don't worry."

Hania came downstairs in her red suit and greeted Taha, who responded in kind. Hana was curious if the mother and daughter had told Taha about the earlier events.

Then the doorbell rang, and a maid was going to open the door, but Hania stopped her and went herself. Her parents were at the door. She greeted them and entered the living room with them. Taha also greeted them, and Amina emerged from the kitchen to welcome them.

"Assalamualaikum, Aunty, Uncle," Rumi greeted.

"Walaikumassalam," Yusuf replied.

"Walaikumassalam, lekin ye rukha-sukha salam nahi chalega, aj to tum mujhe gale lagne do," Ayesha said to Rumi and hugged her.

(Walaikumassalam, but this half-hearted greeting won't do. Today, you must hug me.)

"Beshak, Aunty," Rumi responded with the same enthusiasm.

(ofcourse aunty)

"Mubaarka, Doctor Sahiba, aj to double khushi hai," Ayesha patted her on the shoulder, and Rumi giggled in response and was confused about the next line but expressed her gratitude with a simple "Thank you."

(Congratulations ms. Doctor today is double happiness.)

"Why didn't you come to my graduation, and Uncle, you too?" Rumi asked, taking a seat on the sofa with Ayesha.

"Because they were not free, like everyone." Yusuf explained.

"HANA" came Yusuf's stern voice before Taha could say anything. Hania glared at rumi and got busy in her phone, her mood worsening further after witnessing the situation.