𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐫. 𝐃 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲

Amaya wanted to get this over with

She was getting tired of Chiron's info dumping every five seconds, she wanted to eat something, she was very hungry.

"So," Amaya heard Percy say, anxious to change the subject. "You, uh, work here, Mr. Brunner?"

"Not Mr. Brunner," the ex-Mr. Brunner said. "I'm afraid that was a pseudonym. You may call me Chiron."

Amaya was still petty about Chiron or Mr. Brunner calling her more childish than Percy, she made it her personal mission to prove him wrong.

"Okay." Totally confused, Percy looked at the director. "And Mr. D...does that stand for something?"

Mr. D stopped shuffling the cards. Gave Percy a look of sheer disgust "Young man, names are powerful things. You don't just go around using them for no reason."

Amaya couldn't help but smile, if this guy was going to dislike Percy the whole time, they're in this camp, then she wouldn't mind staying.

"Oh. Right. Sorry."

"I must say, Percy, Amaya I'm glad to see you alive. It's been a long time since I've made a house call to a potential camper. I'd hate to think I've wasted my time." Chiron broke in.

"And you too Hope, I am both quite happy and surprised you entered Camp, no mere mortal has ever made it to camp before."

Hope didn't know to take that as a compliment or not but she just proudly nodded.

"House call?" Percy called out.

"My year at Yancy Academy, to instruct you two. We have satyrs at most schools, of course, keeping a lookout. But Grover alerted me as soon as he met you both. He sensed you were something special, so I decided to come upstate. I convinced the other Latin teacher to...ah, take a leave of absence." Chiron informed them.

Hope nodded

"Yeah, Grover fumbled the bag one day, when I found him in a bush with goat legs, he tried to use the mist on me but it didn't work, so he told me everything about monsters and stuff but I didn't believe him till I saw Mr. Brunner or Chiron with- uhh well you'll see"

Percy tried to remember the beginning of the school year. It seemed like so long ago, but he did have a fuzzy memory of there being another Latin teacher my first week at Yancy. Then, without explanation, he had disappeared and Mr. Brunner had taken the class.

"You came to Yancy just to teach us?" Amaya asked.

Chiron nodded. "Honestly, I wasn't sure about you two at first. We contacted your mortal parents, let them know we were keeping an eye on you in case you were ready for Camp Half-Blood. But you still had so much to learn. Nevertheless, you made it here alive, and that's always the first test."

Hope face paled "Wait, have you contacted my dad yet!?"

Amaya looked at her with worry in her eyes, Hope's dad didn't know about this yet, does that mean that her dad is looking for her right now, worried, wondering where his daughter is.