"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"Nothing," she grins.

I shake my head, sitting up and grabbing Carrot from the floor. She meows as I hold her close to my chest, looking at me with curious eyes. "You're so adorable," I whisper, stroking her head with my index finger. She closes her eyes, purring softly. "Too bad that you're kind of being a cockblock right now."

Daniella lets out a laugh, her head slightly tilting back. "I'm sure she'll fall asleep eventually."

I shake my head, a small smile forming on my lips as I lay back on the bed, keeping Carrot in my arms. "I love her."

"More than you love me?"

"Hmm... sounds like jealousy," I smirk. "I love you in a completely different way."

"I can live with that," she smiles, giving me a quick kiss before laying down next to me, her hand resting on my waist. I let out a soft sigh, closing my eyes, feeling her fingers trace circles on my skin as she hums softly.

I groan as I decline yet another phone call from my dad — Hanukkah is just around the corner along with Christmas, and since apparently we're no longer Jewish, I can't imagine why he's trying to contact me. We usually celebrate Hanukkah in England with our extended family, and I can't see him taking her there unless he wants his facade to instantly crumble — my family prides itself in making Hanukkah about Hanukkah, instead of a Jewishfied Christmas that has become insanely popular nowadays. Hard to understand it when the whole purpose of celebrating the holiday is to reinforce the importance of not assimilating into customs that would dim the Jewish spirit and the continued practice of our core religious customs.

And eating Latkes.

"Will I sound like a broken record if I tell you 'maybe he wants to make things right'?" Soph asks, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Help me pick this up, will you?"

"Sure," I sigh, helping her lift a big pot from the floor and place it on the counter. "I feel like there will be no point in doing so because there will probably be no change, and it'll just ruin my day." Probably week, and worst case scenario — if it is what I'm thinking — the whole holiday.

"That's fair," she says, shrugging. "So, what are the plans for the holiday?"

"Daniella and I are going on vacation, she invited me to spend Christmas with her family but I don't know."

She raises her eyebrows. "Why not?"

"Is it weird that I'm absolutely terrified of meeting her family? We already have my dad and Denise to deal with, what if they hate me?"

"Well, Daniella obviously wants you to go," she says, wiping her hands on her apron. "I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be asking you to meet them if she thought that they would hate you."

I shrug. "I guess."

"Anyways, are you having lunch with your Miss?"

"Yup, she must be on her way—"

The bell on top of the door rings as someone opens it, interrupting our conversation. I look up with a smile expecting to see Daniella, but a tall woman stands in front of me instead.

"Hey, I'm looking for an arrangement for my mom's birthday, can you help me?" she says with a small smile.

I nod. "Sure, what did you have in mind?"

She hums, looking around. "I'm not sure, I don't know what kind of flowers she likes."

"Well, if you want, you can tell me a few things about her and I can make you a bouquet that fits her personality," I say as I take a notepad from one of the shelves, turning to look at her.