Five

Cheryll's POV;

~ D Block Apartments ~

"Do I've to?" I shifted in my bed.

"C'mon lazy bones, it'll be fun!" Maria exclaimed on the other end of the line.

Where does this girl's energy come from? Ugh!

"Maria, karaoke isn't my thing. You guys go have fun." And spare me!

It's Sunday today and like the past four Saturdays and Sundays, Maria wants to drag me into what ever her weekend plans are. Like all those weekends, I really don't want to go today too and it's not just because my own weekend routine is disturbed, or because karaoke isn't my thing.

I've got reasons that I can't share.

"You've been doing this every time I call you these days. I'm really starting to think that you don't want to be friends with me anymore." She sighed.

"Maria, you know it isn't that."

"Then what's it?"

Something that I can't tell you!

"All right, I'll be there at 6 pm. Happy?"

"More than! I'll text you the details." And she hung up.

I sat up on the bed and stared at the phone in my hand, smiling at the thought of this new friend of mine. It's been only a week over a month since we met, yet the bond we shared was like those of the best friends.

I glanced at the clock at my bedside table. 5 pm. One hour in hand. I reluctantly got out of the bed and went to take a shower. I put on a grey shirt and matched it with a long skirt. With my bag in hand and my shoes - which were actually flats - on, I was off.

~ Karaoke Bar ~

I reached the place that Maria had texted me to come to at 5.45 pm. Unsurprisingly, she was already there. She's always the first one to show up among us and us meant me, Maria, Morgan and the Trevor Miles.

Undoubtedly, he's the last one to join us and Maria gave him an earful every time for that, but why'd he care? He repeats the same thing again like he runs the city.

In a way, he does. Did I just admit that? Ugh.

I caught Maria eyeing me from head to toe with a serious look on her face, her brows were even drawn into a tight knot.

"What?" I asked as I did a double check on what I was wearing.

"It's just a simple shirt, skirt and flats, yet you slay? How?" I rolled my eyes when her frown deepened.

And here I thought I looked funny, or might've even overdid it!

"At least now you should stop spending so much on your clothes and make up, don't you think?" Maria was answered.

Let me tell you all, that wasn't me. I and Maria turned to look at the person and neither of us expected it to be him.

"Since when did, you...um...Taylor, or Trevor whoever you're, are interested in these matters?" Maria blinked like she wasn't believing what she was witnessing.

Seriously though, since when did he start paying attention to these stuff? I wondered too.

"Since...lately." He stated and glanced at me.

Wait. What!? But why'd he look at me? And, did I just hear him, the Trevor Miles, stutter? Yeah, I knew it was him.

"Why?" Maria asked him.