Chapter 26

The boys and I were loading our things onto the tour bus and Bri stood at the sidwalk, arms crossed, head lowered. Zayn turned to her and whispered something in her ear and she nodded. My heart dropped a little at the way they each looked at each other; a burning passion of love engulfed their eyes. It was how Matt looked at me before we had a falling out...

"You alright?" Niall asked and I nodded. "You're lying."

"No I'm not. I'm fine." I gave him a fake smile. He put his arm around my shoulder and squeezed it. I watched Zayn give Bri a small kiss and she smiled. They hugged each other tightly.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Niall looked into my eyes.

"Y-Yea. Don't worry about it." I smiled and walked onto the bus. It was about 4 in the morning as we were leaving and watching Bri stand outside in the cold, witnessing her love leave her behind was crushing. I blew her a kiss and her face lightened slightly. She waved and then she was gone.

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to bed." Liam yawned and Zayn nodded.

"I might pass out if I don't sleep." Harry sighed and they all went to their own bunks. Louis looked at me over his shoulder and I shoko my head.

"I'll be in in a few." I told him and he nodded. I pulled out my phone and dialed Matt's number. It went straight to voicemail.

"Uh... Hi Matt... I just want to apologize for the other night... I didn't know how you felt and I just... I'm sorry. Things have been pretty crazy in my life for a while and everything was confused in my head and I just... Yea... So call me back please because I want to talk. I'm sorry. So... Uhh... Bye." I sighed and hung up.

"Charlie?" Zayn asked.

"Yea?" I lifted my head.

"Thank you... For helping Bri. If she didn't ask me, I would've never had the courage to. So, thanks." He smiled and I gave him a hug.

"Anytime... Just don't do anything stupid. I'm watching you like a hawk, Malik." I narrowed my eyes playfully.

"I promise, I won't. Trust me. I wouldn't hurt Bri. Ever." He smiled just at the thought of her.

"Alright lover boy, off to bed." I rolled my eyes and shoved him to his bunk. He laughed and headed off. I was already basically in my pajamas (sweatpants and a white, baggy v-neck) so I headed to my own bunk. I got comfortable and scrolled through Twitter.

@Charlie_Love DOES ZAYN HAVE A NEW GIRLFRIEND?!

Attatched to this tweet was a picture of Zayn and Bri at the concert, leaving. I replied with:

'You'll have to wait until it's confirmed. ;)'

I replied to a few nice tweets, but all of a sudden came across a chain of hate. One sparking another; a domino affect. I got so fed up with it. Seeing people call me ugly or a whore. I made my own tweet.

'It's really funny how people think they're so tough when they send hate to someone through a social networking site... If you have to insult me through TWITTER, I'm not gonna care. Say it to my face and then I might respect you. #growup'

I fell asleep completely pissed, but proud of my sassy tweet.

--------------------------------------

I woke up to my phone buzzing right by my face. I answered it slowly, not checking caller ID or anything.

"Charlie?"

"Matt?!" I smiled.

"Hi. I got your message."

"Good. Matt I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-"

"You shouldn't apologize. I hurt you, Char. I'm the one who's sorry. I'll hold it against me for my whole life. I never want to hurt you, so if I could have a second chance it'd mean the world. When you come home I'll be the best to you. I'll love you and be the best boyfriend-" He stopped. "I, uh... I mean..."

"B-Boyfriend?" I choked on the word, not sure whether dating him is what I want.

"I'd rather ask in person, but... Would you... Be my girlfriend?" He asked softly. I didn't answer. I COULDN'T answer. I can't just say no! "Charlie?"

"Huh? Oh, s-sorry..."

"I won't give up on you." He said sincerely.

"Matt..."

"I'll see you soon." I could almost see him purse his lips together, something he did when he was disappointed.

"Bye." I whispered and hung up. I rubbed my forehead and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Why me?" I mumbled. "Why me?!" I dug my head into my hands and cried, falling back asleep quickly.