Chapter 13

I did a back stretch as soon as we were off that plane. It. Felt. Wonderful. We all went to get our bags and there were already fans huddled around the door. Zayn grabbed my arm.

"Listen... The attraction to human blood is much, much higher than an animal's blood. You need to get out there and straight onto the bus, okay?" He stared me down.

"Okay." I nodded as he released his grip.

"Don't say anything, don't listen to anyone, just... Go." Niall added.

"Okay! Okay! I'll be fine... How do you guys do it?" I asked.

"We're in front of thousands of girls almost every night, we can handle it." Harry laughed. I rolled my eyes and followed the boys outside.

How hard can this be?

Harder than expected. I knew my eyes were becoming darker, but the smell... Was just... So powerful. I needed some... Like, now.

"On the bus." Paul snapped. I jumped from my trance and walked with my head down, my bags trailing behind me. I hurried on the bus and took a deep breath, the scent becoming less and less with each step. I got chills as I looked back at the fans. I shook my head from the thought of biting one of them and sat on the couch. I shut my eyes and ran a hand through my hair, trying to relax.

After a few minutes, the boys piled on.

"Thank god." I mumbled.

"You good?" Zayn asked.

"Not as good as I can be." I sighed.

"But it's over now. It'll be easier the more you're with us." Louis stated opening a water. I raised an eyebrow at him. "We don't only have to drink blood, Charlie." He laughed.

"OH AND YOU TELL ME NOW! I was craving Kit-Kats all day yesterday." I said annoyed. I let out a yawn.

"Jet-lag?" Liam said. I nodded.

"Why? You and Haz looked pretty cozy..." Louis smirked. My head turned to Harry who winked.

"I... NO! He fell alseep on me, first of all. I just got comfortable on his hair." I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall of the bus right next to the couch.

"Mh." Zayn scoffed.

"Every girl is capable of murder..." I quoted the song I had sung to myself.

"Hmm?" Niall asked.

"It's a song."

"It's her lady-jam." Zayn teased.

"A what?" Harry laughed.

"My lady-jam! It's like a... It's a girl's power song." I said and pulled out my phone. I started the song. "You're not the only one, walkin' round with a loaded gun. This little girl is capable of murder, cause you hurt her." I mouthed the words, well thought I was, but I was singing my heart out. "Song builds."

"I guess so... And it's obviously a power song." Liam smiled. I nodded.

"Oh definitely."

"What about our songs?" Harry asked.

"What about your songs?" I replied.

"What songs build?" Louis added onto his question.

"Uhh... I Want... Stand Up... Magic, Nobody Compares, Kiss You... Umm, oh, Na Na Na. Yea..." I said blushing.

"You were a fan right?" Zayn asked.

"Are." I corrected him. "And don't you remember how we met... The night you fucked my life." I joked.

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy my lips all up on your neck." Louis laughed while Niall clutched his sides dying of laughter.

"I would've enjoyed it more if you're teeth weren't digging into my veins." I crossed my arms.

"You still enjoyed it." He scoffed.

"Wh-What we did to you... You don't hate it that much, do you?" Harry asked.

"Nah... It has it's benefits." The boys stared for me to continue. "I'm much prettier than I was before, like look at my eyes and tell me that isn't cool as hell. And my complexion looks a lot better-"

"Besides your looks." Zayn interuppted.

"Well..." I thought in my head. "I... I'm strong now. I'm fast. I can heal people. I'm a vampire with One Direction! Not sure how much better it can get." I laughed.

"What don't you like about it?" Liam asked.

"For one, I have to drink blood, which isn't the healthiest thing... But that's about it." I shrugged.

"Do you hate us for doing it?" asked Niall.

I was silent. "Sometimes I wish it never happened. I never asked about your well-being or just... Just be that concerned fan." I shrugged my shoulders. "But, I don't hate you for doing it... I couldn't. You guys mean to much to me to hate you for something that you had to do... Do you wish you didn't do it?"

"Well, we hated seeing you so hurt and having to go through this and we all really wish we didn't... We'd never want to hurt anyone like this." Louis replied.

"But in the long run, we gained a new friend." Harry smiled. All the boys nodded and smiled too.

"I agree." I laughed. "Thanks. When's your show tonight?"

"Starts at 7 and rehearsal starts at 3." Liam replied. I nodded and checked my phone.

"Holy shit." I gasped.