Chapter 11,The walls

"Charlie? You up?" I heard Niall ask outside the door. I stood up quickly and wiped my eyes of crusted tears.

"Yea! I'm up."

"We were starting to worry..." He said opening the door. "You okay?"

Barely.

"Barely?" He asked.

"Hmm?" I tried to play dumb.

"What happened?"

"Nothing! Honest... Just a... bad dream." I lied, but even so, Niall bought it and nodded.

"Come down when you're ready... We need to talk to you about something." Niall left my room an shut the door.

Louis' P.O.V.

Niall came back downstairs.

"She's awake." He said, sitting next to Zayn. "Look like she'd been crying."

"Louis... Are you sure about this..." Harry asked skeptically.

"After everything that's happened, we can't just leave her here. We start our tour in three days... We literally changed her into a vampire and we can't just leave her!" I shouted.

"I agree." Liam spoke up. "I'd feel a lot safer knowing she's with us and not tied up somewhere..."

"I think that whole thing that Lucin did has still got her shaken up..." Zayn said. We all nodded.

"She should come." Niall said.

"But what if she doesn't want too." Harry exclaimed.

"She's gonna have to! She'll know it's what's best for her... And if she still refuses, we'll just have to make her come." I said.

"Make who go where?" Charlie asked bounding down the stairs.

"Oh... Uhh..." Harry said awkwardly.

"Niall said you guys wanted to tell me something?" She asked and sat on the arm rest of my chair.

"Yea... Actually we do." I said. She stared at me expectantly. "We want you to come on tour with us."

She was quiet for a moment.

"Why?" She asked her voice low, barely audible.

"Because we'd feel safer with you there and you'd be safer with us..." Liam said.

"If you know what's right, you should come." I said.

"I know what's right... But isn't this a lot of danger for you? The Head Archs could... I don't know... hunt you down! There would be literal chaos... If I didn't go, you'd be safer."

"But you wouldn't." Zayn said. "That's all we're worried about right now. We don't care if the Head Archs would come for us. Just as long as you're okay, we're okay."

She dropped her head. "Everything that's happened to you happened to you... It's all been my fault... If I wasn't hear, you wouldn't be hurt. The werewolves wouldn't be pissed at you. Your lives would be normal." She stood from the chair and turned her back to us.

"Charlie... We're vampires... Our lives aren't exactly normal... But they've gotten better with you around." Harry tried to calm her.

"NO THEY HAVEN'T!" She slammed her hands on the marble counter. Niall jumped. "Niall got himself hurt. Lucin almost murdered you! You had to fight werewolves for me! Literally, if you ask me, all I've caused is trouble."

"But you know who was there when we were hurt... You." I said. "You protected us and it's the least we can do to protect you." She put her elbows on the counter and buried her head.

"Please don't leave me." She whispered. "Please... I c-can't lose you. Please, don't leave me."

"We're not gonna leave you." I pulled her back over and sat her on the chair. She still had her head hidden.

"I-I am so sorry. Just don't leave me." She shook her head and moved her hands to her sides, clutching them. Her dark hair fell over her shoulders as she sniffled. "I can't lose anyone else."

Else?

"Yes. Else. I've lost so many." She shook her head. "All because of my stupid mistakes... I'm so afraid that... I'll hurt you too. And you'll leave me... I've built walls from so many people so I wouldn't hurt them."

"Do you have walls... For us?" Harry asked, clearly fearing the answer.

"I don't want to, but it's an instinct... To make a wall and hide behind it. I'm scared that after I break that wall, you'll be gone... I'll lose you." She took a deep breath. "And I have no one to blame but myself for building that wall. As soon as my wall's down, people leave."

"You don't need a wall for us. We won't leave you, no matter what you do." Liam said.

"I've been broken to many times to believe that... I want to, but I'm scared to."

"Don't be scared then. We. Won't. Leave." My eyes held hers. "Come with us and we won't have to leave you."

She eyed us all over for any sign of lying and then nodded, slowly at first, but then more furiously. She jumped onto me, beinng the closest to her, and dug her head into my shoulder. She went around to the other boys and did the same.

"Will you take you're wall down?" Zayn asked.

"I... I'll try." She nodded. "Thank you... So much."