8: Bronya follows Jaune

Bronya Zaychik didn't know exactly what she was doing.

Okay, yes.

She was secretly following Jaune.

But what he didn't know was why.

A curious hint of intrigue took hold of his being at the enigmatic figure called Jaune Arc.

He even ventured to hack into data systems in various parts of the world, but his efforts revealed nothing more than a reference to a woman named Jeanne D'Arc, who more than 500 years ago was identified as a witch who almost overthrew the Schicksal government. .

However, from Jaune Arc, there was nothing. Absolutely nothing.

There were no hospital records, no information about his parents, no photographs, not even a shred of relevant data.

Bronya was immersed in a state of persistent intrigue. The complete lack of information about Jaune Arc only fueled her curiosity. How was it possible for someone to exist in the information age and not leave any trace? The enigma of her origin and her enigmatic existence became a mystery that Bronya couldn't resist solving.

Bronya observed Jaune Arc through some security cameras, she was located a few streets away from Jaune, who was shopping in many food stores, and even children's clothing, and even some toys.

XxX

"It would be 20,000 Yen"

Jaune counted money in hand and made a face, he looked towards the cashier who was playing with her phone and out of the corner of his eye he saw a sign that said "50% on everything"

"10,000" Jaune said pointing to the sign, the cashier looked at him with a bored expression.

"Takumi had to remove that sign two days ago"

"And if you're here, why don't you take it off yourself?"

"Why is that Takumi's job, not mine?"

Jaune sighed and looked out of the business through the window at an ATM where a woman had just arrived.

"There's a cashier across the street, I'll leave you my passport so you don't think he ran away." Jaune took a small notebook out of his pocket and handed it to the cashier.

"I don't care if you run away, my job sucks"

Jaune slowly put the passport back in his pocket with a raised eyebrow.

He walked out of the store to the ATM where the woman he saw was withdrawing money.

"Excuse me, I have to make another withdrawal" The woman's trembling voice raised flags in Jaune's mind, he looked over the woman's shoulder to see the reflection on the screen, a beaten face raised Jaune's suspicions.

He looked from where the woman came and saw a truck at the end of the street, a burly man in the driver's seat looking in various directions with a nervous expression confirmed his suspicions.

"Don't go to Flip, I can help you, keep taking out money" Jaune spoke out loud.

"The truck at the end of the street, it's yours right?" Jaune asked. The woman nodded shakily.

"S-si..."

"Just to confirm, they are extorting her right?" Jaune asked again, the woman stifled a sob.

"My son is in the back"

"¿Armas?"

"Si...."

"Stay here. I won't be long" Jaune walked away towards the truck.