Chapter 11- Howaito's Goal

After getting a scolding and detention for a day, the Amachi triplets and Howaito were finally excused from the office.

"That was such a long lecture," Howaito groaned as he remembered the staff giving them a long speech about interrupting the morning assembly. Takumi sighed while his brothers did the same.

"Don't remind us," they sulked in unison. Riko sweat-dropped at their reaction but clapped them all on their backs.

"It's part of joining the team first-years," she told them. Howaito looked worried all of a sudden.

"Eto... Coach? I didn't get to yell out my goal yet. Does that mean I can't be on the team?" He asked as he slightly panicked at the thought. He started breathing heavily at the thought. Riko widened her eyes as she saw that Howaito was hyperventilating.

"N-No! It's alright Howaito-kun! Kuroko-kun had the same problem," she told Howaito to calm him down, "I'm just going to have you do something different." Howaito took a deep breathe of relief.

"Whew! I'm glad about that Coach! I still want to get a chance to play basketball with the team Kuroko-senpai has bonded with," Howaito smiles brightly for a second as he reflected on all the matches he had silently watched. He had also watched all of the GoM's matches to see how his senpais were although he had never greeted them.
Riko ruffled Howaito's hair.

"Such a cute kouhai!" She exclaimed as she started twirling him around like she would to Nigou. The Amachi triplets sweatdropped at the scene but made no attempt to help Howaito. In fact, they were making their way towards their homeroom while Howaito was getting dizzy.

'This is worse than the teacups in Disneyland,' Howaito thought as he was being spun around by his coach. He was eventually released from her death hold and was excused.
Howaito walked around dizzily for a few minutes before being able to walk normally again.

'Note to self. Never show Coach cute things,' he thought before a brilliant idea struck him.

'If I can't yell out my goal to the school, then I'll show them!' he thought excitedly before dashing towards homeroom. The Amachi triplets looked at him.

"You weren't killed by Coach, Howaito-kun?" Takeshi asked as Howaito made his way over to his seat.

"No! But her spinning around caused me to have a good idea!" Howaito exclaimed excitedly as he was already thinking of what to get in the store after school.

"What would that be Howaito-kun?" Takumi asked as the lesson started.
"You'll find out tomorrow!" Howaito replied as he could hardly wait to begin his plan. The Amachi triplets raised an eyebrow at this but decided to reluctantly pay attention to the lesson.

~Le Timeskip to the end of School brought to you by Akashi's Scissors!~

"See you Howaito-kun!" the Amachi triplets called out to Howaito, whom usually walked with them back home since they walked the same route but Howaito had said that he was going to do an errand.

"Bye~" Howaito waved back as his friends and team mates started walking home from practice. He started to jog to the nearest store and hummed to himself.

'I hope this'll get my goal across!' Howaito thought as he carried out his plan.

~Timeskip to Next Morning by Murasakibara's Snacks!~

A bunch of students crowded to the windows of their classrooms as they looked at a message written onto the school grounds.
Kagami and Kuroko looked out the window.

"It's like the same thing you did last year Kuroko," Kagami tells Kuroko as they saw the writing clearly printed on the school grounds. Kuroko had a small grin on his face.
'
I'm glad you kept your pure desire, Howaito-kun,' Kuroko thought as he read the words.

'I WILL BE YOUR SUPPORT TO HELP YOU STAY ON TOP' was currently written in white chalk just like last year except with a different message and was written by a different person.
Howaito was a little tired from the extra training he had to do in the morning because he went home late last night. Nevertheless, he wore a bright smile lit up his face as he read a book and wiped some white chalk on his face. The Amachi triplets glanced long enough at his workto read it and looked at him.

"He sure is full of surprises," Takuma states as his brothers nodded in agreement. The students finally stopped looking out the window as their teachers came in and their lessons started.

'I've got a feeling that this will be another interesting school year,' Riko thought as she still gazed out the window to stare at Howaito's goal. She smiled to herself.

'Bring it on, my team can handle it,' she thought determinedly as she thought of the new challenges they'll face as the GoM will start cooperating with their teams.

Howaito was thinking the same thing as he was in deep thought beneath his cheerful façade.