Episode Four: The Princess of Swirling Cinders

En başından başla

"Damn, I can't deal with a Rampager right now. I've gotta fight off this conjurer," Romulo groaned as he watched the slow-approaching enemy.

But after a short journey over to his side, Elena set her hand on his shoulder and said, "You two shouldn't have to do all this on your own. Let me help, let me help! I can take on the Rampager. Don't worry about me!"

Romulo winced as if the idea itself were anathema to his ideals, but he suppressed his pride and decided, "Just be careful. Leave yourself room to run away if you have to. Don't let her hurt you!"

"I won't run away. I'm tired of not carrying my weight. You've done so much for me – for all the people hiding here. I'm done hiding myself away and dreaming of a different world; I've got this."

Elena bounded across the cobblestone street with asymmetric steps, pushing herself toward the nearest alley. Right before she stepped into the clearing to face the Rampager, she struck her blue monolith upon the brick wall. It reverberated in her hand, and she tossed it onto the ground when she crept into the alleyway. A fiery sorceress stood at a distance, but she swerved to face Elena as soon as she arrived. The sorceress then unleashed a stream of scarlet fire, but Elena lowered herself and hid behind a vortex of azure light. The energy from her monolith deflected the fiery strike, and just a moment later, her Underwater Illusionist materialized in the open space.

And while Elena intended to go on the attack, she had her attention distracted by the sound of a manifestation elsewhere in the adjacent street

And while Elena intended to go on the attack, she had her attention distracted by the sound of a manifestation elsewhere in the adjacent street. She figured that Romulo had entered battle with an enemy soldier, but during that time, the Rampager materialized a spell card in her hand. Sparks and embers danced in the air around the Princess of Swirling Cinders as she then cast her fearsome spell. A flash of variegated light danced across the shadowed alley as the fire sorceress enchanted herself with a protective spirit.

                But knowing that she could not survive if she divided her attention, Elena passed a pair of spell cards to her speedy sorcerer

But knowing that she could not survive if she divided her attention, Elena passed a pair of spell cards to her speedy sorcerer. She then sent her Underwater Illusionist to race across the battlefield. It crouched as it ran as if simulating a submarine, and it quickly closed in on the fiery sorceress with its lance steadied in its hand. Elena compelled her sorcerer to strike with all its strength, but the Princess of Swirling Cinders defended itself with the colorful spirit that had earlier enchanted it. While the ambitious spirit shattered from the strike, the Rampager intensified her glare and forced a second familiar to materialize in its place.