At that moment, the door finally opened, and other players entered, including Lu Yuanyu among them, who signaled with his eyes for Gu Wuji to not act rashly.

Gu Wuji noticed that the number of players entering was one or two fewer than before, suggesting that some must have already died in this game...

Once everyone had entered, a player known by the codename Falcon spoke up, indicating he had something to say. He was the leader of the player Gu Wuji had encountered earlier when feeding the mermaid. Supposedly, he was quite famous, though Gu Wuji had never heard of him.

However, there were whispers about Falcon having a notorious reputation, with several teams he was part of having been wiped out before, which understandably caused some concern among the group.

"We've been in this game for two days now, and everyone has pretty much completed their investigations," Falcon began, "At this point, our goal should be very clear."

The rest of the group wore wary expressions, initially reluctant to engage too deeply with him based on their first impressions. But considering Falcon might know something they didn't, they didn't object and simply nodded in agreement.

Only Gu Wuji remained confused, asking, "What is our goal?"

The people around fell silent, with several casting surprised looks at Gu Wuji, not expecting him to ask such a question. It seemed they had indeed started to view Gu Wuji as merely a figurehead.

Only the two who had interacted with Gu Wuji had complex expressions, knowing well that Gu Wuji was truly capable. It just goes to show that a big shot is indeed full of personality.

Falcon himself didn't expect anyone to ask such a question, looking at Gu Wuji as if he were a primary school student. He then signaled one of his male player subordinates with his eyes, as it wouldn't be fitting for someone of his stature to explain it himself.

That subordinate immediately explained, "You might not be aware since you weren't here just now. A lot happened today, and the people at the research institute were too distracted to continue their work, so they let us come back early. Seizing this opportunity, our boss hypnotized an NPC, who then spilled everything they knew."

At this point, the subordinate's face showed a proud expression, feeling extremely fortunate to be aligned with such a powerful figure.

Falcon's most renowned ability was his hypnotism. In any game involving NPCs, he could almost always rely on this skill to quickly extract information, making him the envy of many.

The other players also had their own methods and had gathered quite a bit of information while being sent to assist the researchers, but naturally, they weren't inclined to share everything freely.

What the subordinate continued to say aligned with what Gu Wuji had learned from the brown-haired woman, but then the information took a different turn. The NPC seemed to believe that the mermaid was taking revenge on everyone in the research institute, intending to torment everyone to death.

However, Fiona had discovered a method to calm the mermaid down. The clearer one could hear the mermaid's voice, the stronger their compatibility with the mermaid, and the faster they would experience hallucinations. Killing such people as sacrifices for the mermaid could put it to sleep for a period.

Of course, the people at the research institute were not willing to sacrifice themselves. So, apart from those who had already gone mad and committed suicide, others were needed to maintain stability here.

This is why these players were chosen to come here, but it's said that as time goes by, these sacrifices are no longer enough to keep the mermaid asleep, and it is about to wake from its slumber.