8. The Hunter becomes The Hunted

Start from the beginning

The haunting memories were abruptly interrupted as a strong hand wrapped around my neck, pulling me backward into the water. Panic surged through me as I struggled against the suffocating grip, gasping for air that refused to fill my lungs.

"You deserve this, bitch," his voice hissed with venom as darkness closed in around me, the water swallowing my cries for help.

"Mmm... mm... aah..." I choked on water, my attempts to break free growing weaker with each passing moment.

The water embraced me like a cold, unforgiving embrace, the echoes of my past blending with the present torment.

I can feel water entering in my nostrils, my actions are getting weak.

I can't breath. I can't do this anymore.

My eyes opened as I felt water over my face. And I realised it was just a nightmare. A nightmare of my haunted reality, 

"Get up, you lazy head." Vihan tried pulling the blanket away from my hold but failed.

"Umm... let me sleep, na... you... ass"I murmured.

"Half-brain, it's already 8 o'clock, and Bhai is getting late."

"Good... s... say... him... to... r-request... me, I will... consider... getting up."

"You know what? I will take away your phone, then see how you sleep."

"Try me..." I opened half my eyes and waited until his hands reached for my phone, a proud smirk covering his face as he saw no reaction from my side.

He was a fool to think that.

And with a swift motion, he landed on his butt on the marble floor, while I corrected my hair, yawning as I got up. Messing with me? Nah! That's like messing with the devil in my head.

"Aaahh..." He groaned in pain, and I knelt to his level, picking up my phone and dusting it off.

"Don't you have a brain?"He asked and I chuckled watching him , rubbing his elbow in pain. 

"I shouldn't have done that." I made a pout, showing my regret.

"At least you admitted it."

"I mean to say, I should have snatched my phone first. This poor box is worth more than you. I can't risk breaking any of its bones." I smirked, picking up my phone and dusting it off.

"You ungrateful girl, at least help me get up."

"As you say, old man." I offered him my hand, but I regretted it when I ended up on the floor. This jerk!

"How was that, Miss Annabelle?" He chuckled, but a devilish thought crawled into my mind. Make me fall? Huh? Now, face the consequences!

"Ma...ouch.."

Well, even I knew that Ma must be busy and wouldn't come, but my brothers came indeed.

"What happened, Aashu?" Aarav Bhai asked, innocence covering my face.

"He pushed me off the bed to wake me up, aah... my back..." I was proud of my acting skills at this moment; it was worth watching.

He walked towards me and helped me up, giving a death stare to Vihan. Poor Mystery Man!

"Don't you have a brain, Vihan? Is this how you wake someone? What if something had happened? Act a bit responsibly. She had surgery a few weeks ago, and you're pushing her. At least have some concern for your sister." Then, he turned to me. "Is it hurting much? Should I get some spray?"

"No, no, it's fine... just a bit..."

"Okay, get ready. You have to go for a checkup today. Be careful," he said and left the room, followed by Vihan.