Thankfully, Maddie and Charlie helped him find the music box, and the latter assisted with its repairs. With the gift ready, Jason snuck it into Argo's office onboard Alto with Ember's help. The robotic dragon was able to fly to the second level, sneak into the Detective's office and leave the music box on Argo's desk without being seen. Jason and Ember returned to the airship just before midnight, perfectly timed for when Argo discovered the gift and asked the Squad if they knew where it came from.

Reuniting with Argo after over two months apart felt like heaven to Jason. He savoured holding him and kissing him even as their audience was watching. But it didn't matter how many people were watching because as the stroke of midnight hit and the fireworks lit up with the sky, Jason felt the Argo-sized hole in his heart being filled again. Later, following a small party with the Flying Squad, Argo and Jason collected the inventor's stuff from his apartment, returned the key to the property owner, and went home together to celebrate their reunion.

Story Information

First appeared: Ring In The New Death

Trivia

* Armand Dupont mentioned Jason in season 3's original case, Fathers and Death. Dupont mentions his great-grandfather, Charlie Dupont, knowing an inventor who made music boxes; that man was Jason

* He built Caspian and Ember. People always ask him how he created the automatons, but he refuses to reveal his secrets

* Besides music boxes, Jason's inventions usually center around assistive technology to make life easier for people with disabilities. For example, he built Argo's crutches to be durable and multi-functional but also elegant to look at

* He's fluent in Italian and Greek, as both languages were spoken heavily in his home when he was growing up

* He can easily get lost in his work. More often than not, Argo has to remind him to take breaks, or else they won't happen until Jason inevitably passes out. Ember will make him take breaks, too, but she also loves helping him with his inventions, so she's been guilty of losing track of time, too...

* He is a skilled welder and can solder metal together almost seamlessly

Gallery

This is the logo Jason uses to mark all of his creations

A/N: So, I'm looking for feedback on a potential pet name for Jason. MyFaceHasNumbers and I were talking the other day about possible names after deciding that Jason's theme will be fire, so he and Argo will be Water X Fire, like how Star and Fili are Space X Nature. The top name we came up with was Pyrókardos (Fireheart in Greek (I'm not sure how grammatically accurate the translation is)). I thought it was fitting that Argo call Jason something in Greek since he calls the Detective "Sirena" (siren in Italian).

What do you guys think of the name? I like it because it's fire-based and allows Argo to call Jason "My heart."

If you like the name, please let me know, and I'll update Jaosn's profile to include it!

And on a related note, I have added Ember to "The Pets" chapter! So, if you'd like to learn a bit about her and see the drawing I made, go check it out after this!

Speaking of pets, does anyone remember WAY back when I said I met an Irish Wolfhound (Dean's breed) in my town? It turns out that dog (or at least an Irish Wolfhound in general) is owned by someone in my neighbourhood! I drove past him last night while he was outside, and let me tell you, seeing a dog that big just prowling the sidewalks that late at night looks like a cryptoid!

* UPDATE * March 4, 2024. Added Pyrókardos has been added.