Evangelos Kontos

"I'm a hundred-eyed man. I've got eyes all over me, and yes, it is as impossible to take a shower or bath as you think it is." - Evangelos Kontos

Biographical information

Full Name: Evangelos Kontos

Gender: Male

Sexuality: Polysexual

Status: Incarcerated

Age: 29 (season 3)

Birth: 1986

Race: Hundred-eye man

Nationality: Olympian

Origin: Olympus, Mythos System

Residence: Olympus, Mythos System

Profession(s): Artist

Partner(s): Cybele Flores (girlfriend) (deceased)

Profile

Height: 6'1"

Age: 29 (season 3)

Weight: 195lbs

Eyes: blue

Blood: E+

Evangelos is a hundred-eyed man with sun-kissed skin, blue eyes and short curly blond hair. Without his disguise, he wears a sleeveless white shirt with an elegant peacock tail design on the front, draping from his shoulder to his hip. He also has a light brown sleeveless coat that reaches the back of his knees, light-washed jeans and dark boots.

As per his suspected appearance in Stonehearted, it is known that Evangelos eats Turkish delights, is superstitious and has watched Battle Star Wars.

Powers and abilities

* Superhuman strength and durability

* Enhanced vision

* He has at least two eyes open at all times; he never closes all of his eyes unless he is actively trying to and, therefore, can constantly monitor his surroundings

Synopsis

Evangelos was the killer of his girlfriend Cybele in Stonehearted. He and Cybele had travelled to Earth on vacation to Greece, stopping first in Turkey at the G.I.A. outpost. The couple had been discussing visiting Greece for a long time to compare it to their home planet and finally decided to do it.

This trip was also a part of Evangelos's plan to propose to Cybele. He wanted to ask her as they stood on Earth's Mount Olympus if she would make him the happiest man by becoming his wife. He knew they were meant to be together and couldn't wait to get down on one knee with the ring in hand and ask her to marry him.

But unknown to Evangelos, Cybele had a different route in mind for their relationship. She planned to make this vacation their farewell trip and break up with Evangelos in Greece. She had fun with him when they first got together, but her love for him had long turned as cold as stone.

Cybele accidentally found the engagement ring when she looked through Evangelos's carry-on bag for something. She was surprised that he wanted to marry her, but not in a good way. She refused to let herself be tied down to one person and laughed in Evangelos's face as she turned the ring to stone and crushed it beneath her foot.

Evangelos felt humiliated by Cybele's ridiculing. He thought she loved him and would want to marry him... But her rejection reminded him how stone-hearted she was. Wanting to shut up her laughter, Evangelos powered on his energy sabre and decapitated her without hesitation.

It wasn't until he saw Cybele's severed head rolling away that reality set in. He quickly took her head to dispose of it and left the body behind in the outpost. He hoped to go back and collect her body, but the Bureau had already discovered it when he returned.

Of course, he was caught for his crimes and taken in by the G.I.A. to get deported to Olympus, where he would face trial and be sentenced for his crime. He knows he shouldn't have let Cybele's mocking get to him, but the rejection made him see red, and he wanted her to shut up. He guesses he got his wish...

Story Information

First appeared: Stonehearted

Trivia

* He was inspired by Argus from Greek mythology and the Percy Jackson series

* His shirt has a peacock tail on it because, in Greek mythology, Argus was Hera's servant, and the story goes that after Argus was killed, Hera set his eyes on the tail of a bird as a tribute and the new creation became known as a peacock and later Hera's sacred bird

* As an artist, he specialized in painting, pottery, and sculpting