CHAPTER 63! cherry wasn't evil, she never could be, it was impossible

Start from the beginning

"yeah, that'll happen." percy muttered.

suddenly, a warm feeling rushed through his body.

arms hung over his shoulders.

it was cherry.

percy's heart stopped.

finally, he understood why annabeth was so insistent on believing luke was still good.

cherry wasn't evil, she never could be, it was impossible.

but she was holding a knife to his throat, and he still thought she was perfect. he looked anywhere but her eyes, because he was sure that if she even looked at him he would betray everything he stood for to be by her side. 

laistrygonian giants filed in on either side of the swim-ming pool as if they'd been waiting for a cue.

each was eight feet tall with tattooed arms, leather armor, and spiked clubs. demigod archers appeared on the roof above kronos.

two hellhounds leaped down from the opposite balcony and snarled at percy. within seconds, he was surrounded. they'd known he was coming.

"i love you." percy reminded her.

he felt like that's all he needed to do. remind her. she was a good person, she could still change.

"i don't." cherry lied.

percy refused to believe it.

he could feel the way the blade was angled, that just barely avoided cutting him.

"cherry, bring him to me." kronos demanded.

the crowd of monsters parted. cherry moved up the stairs, and percy's heart pounding.

he couldn't believe it.

she'd been tricked. it wasn't her who was doing it. no, she'd never do that to him.

the warm feeling abandonded percy as cherry shoved him away from her.

she could feel the guilt begin to swallow her being whole. she needed to trust that percy knew what he was doing. silena had told her all about their plans; she was the spy.

percy held riptide.

kronos's weapon appeared in his hands. a six-foot-long scythe, half celestial bronze, half mortal steel.

suddenly, percy charged.

time slowed down. literally slowed down. kronos was the lord of time.

kronos smiled, swirling his scythe at normal speed and waiting percy me to creep towards his death.

percy tried to fight his magic. he concentrated on the sea around him, the source of his power. he'd gotten better at channeling it over the years, but now nothing seemed to happen.

he took another slow step forward.

giants jeered.

dracaenae hissed with laughter.

cherry had a disapproving look on her face.

the entire boat lurched sideways, throwing monsters off
their feet. four thousand gallons of salt water surged out of the swimming pool, dousing percy and kronos and everyone on the deck.

mostly everybody.

cherry was still dry.

percy just couldn't get rid of the soft spot he had for her, no matter how evil she was.

the water revitalized him, breaking the time spell, and he lunged forward.

he struck at kronos, but was still too slow. he had made the mistake of looking at cherry's face for too long. kronos had no such hesitation. he sliced downward with his scythe.