CHAPTER 63! cherry wasn't evil, she never could be, it was impossible

Start from the beginning

well, technically.

the longer cherry spent with kronos, the more she figured him out.

everybody thought that cherry was some airhead who'd been easily manipulated, just like the demigods on their side. they didn't expect any possible betrayal from her.

when cherry wasn't planning his demise and plotting on his weak spots, she was training the new demigods and monsters,

turning them against kronos.

and, sometimes, killing them.

death was a horrifying thing. but if anybody found out what cherry was really doing, she'd be killed. she couldn't have that.

it wasn't like she was killing everyone.

she actually.. kind of liked some of them.

in a horribly sick and twisted way, they felt like a family. a group of children who'd simply come together in a shared bond of their hatred for gods who they felt had done them wrong.

they were just going about it the wrong way.

cherry could not bring herself to believe that the children aboard were to blame.

that the little boy who'd brought her a cupcake on the morning of her seventeenth birthday was evil and deserved to die.

it wasn't true.

being on their side gave cherry a different perspective, not just in a fighting way.

the only thing that made cherry question her unusual plan, was percy.

she hoped that he didn't think that she was evil. that she had really turned on them. but if that was what it took to save olympus, and eventually his life, she'd have to live with it.

cherry just needed a little more time.

suddenly, the door opened.

the red-haired girl didn't turn to look.

"uh, miss?" the monster at the door called out, too mervous to speak loudly. "he's.. he's here."

cherry looked over almost instantly.

she knew exactly what he was talking about. one of the creatures she'd turned against kronos.

"thank you." cherry spoke, as she rose from her chair.

the redhead walked out of her room, shutting the door behind her.

she walked towards the balcony that overlooked the main deck, and took her spot beside kronos.

everybody aboard the boat knew she was kronos's favorite. even the most evil creature to exist liked somebody.

but that didn't mean he wouldn't be willing to end her life at a moments notice. she was just a little less useless than the others.

cherry glanced at the blonde who was halfway across the deck. she didn't look at him any more than that. she couldn't give off the wrong idea.

she continued down the stairs without drawing any attention herself, making her way around the deck.

"you're late, percy." kronos spoke.

he'd taken over luke's body almost fully, now. he'd just transferred his soul over.

the only different thing about luke's appearance were his eyes. they were solid gold.

"we've been expecting you for days." kronos said, as his face twitched. "come, bow before me."