𝐌𝐖 | 𝟏𝟏.

𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘳 | 𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯, 𝘵𝘹

𝘸𝘦𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘥𝘢𝘺 | 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘱𝘮.

IN THE DIMNESS of his bedroom only illuminated by the faint yellowish light of a lamp, seventeen year old Salem stood in front of a blank canvas and easel with a contemplating stare. His father had asked for new decorative pieces for the house, and Salem's young mind was swirling with ideas.

Twirling the 2H pencil between his fingers, he allowed himself to mindlessly etch a few lines on his canvas, hoping that he'd be able to settle on an idea and turn it into an appealing design.

As Salem continued to sketch, his thoughts drifted towards the uniform movements of koi fish he had seen in a nearby pond. Inspired by their sereneness and beauty, he began to outline a design featuring two of the intertwining fish, their scales reflecting the imagined light.

With each line, the image grew clearer in his mind, taking shape on the canvas before him. It wasn't long before Salem finished the base sketch, taking a step back to see his work with a smile.

Satisfied with the outline, he reached for his palette that was splattered in dry and wet paint, before grabbing a brush and mixing a few colors together. With a practiced stroke, Salem smeared a deep blue over the canvas for his background, adding depth and dimension to the aquatic scene.

It would've been an understatement to say that the teenager had a keen interest in art, his passion ran deeper than just putting colors together. This wasn't a hobby for him, but a way for him to express his innermost thoughts as if it was his journal.

Switching to a fiery orange paint, Salem began working on the base of his koi fish carefully, blending the hues to capture the essence of vitality and life. As he focused on his painting, the door to his room creaked open, Salem glancing up to see his twin brother stepping inside.