Chapter 7

My tears have dried away an hour ago.

An hour of attempting to connect with Helera.

After maids have rectified me head over heels, using bathroom as an excuse, I tried to take the circlet off, but the person who made the wolf wear it, is the only one that can take it off.

But I won't give up. I will not.

I had decided to put up and been ready to comply. All to keep my wolf. But that's it. The deal said I would keep my wolf. Not get blocked from her.

I refuse to live with this.

I tug at the almost unnoticable vibration coming from the back of mind again and again. It surprises me that I am still able to feel her even with pure silver on my hand. But there's no time to get shocked while being escorted to my doom. I take everything that might out my torn soul back to one piece.

''Lera?'' I whisper in my mind for more than hundredth time, maybe even more. I feel a small tug from the other side. I exhale in relief. The guards ahead of me look back at me before looking ahead again.

The ballroom is on the first floor, at the very end of the long hallway. I have around 10 minutes before we get there.

''Lera?'' I tug at the bond between me and my other half, avid to get her back.

A stronger tug comes in response with a whisper of a word. ''Lea...'' Her weak voice echos in my mind.

''Helera, come back to me.''

No response.

''Helera, come back to me and make me whole again. Come back to me. Come back.''

I repeat the last words in my mind and the bond starts to swivel my body. I inhale slowly, but deeply. My mind and spirit begin to feel the presence of her as the swivels reach my right hand.

I look up at 2 guards ahead of me and back to 4 maids behind me. I have so little time.

The swivel freshens and I suppress a shiver as the sudden absence of the silver's pressure reminds me of a familiar feeling. Freedom.

And then...

''Karalea?''

My eyes widen as her strong voice fills my mind and sharpens my senses.

''Helera!'' She purs in my mind and I ask. ''How?''

''I don't know. You're practically still wearing the silver, and unlike the last time, it's the purest fucking silver.''

''What do you mean by practically?''

''I can't feel it weaking us anymore. Conversely, it seems to streghten us, I guess.''

I can indeed feel my body absorb the last buzzs of the silver right now. The buzzing stops. And the moment it does, another, completely unfamiliar sensation hits my body and I can't suppress my shiver this time.

''We did this?''

''Yep.'' She says with excitement, popping the 'p' in the end. ''We did!''

A tear escapes my eye. But out of happiness.

''Oh, girl. I would 'aww' if we weren't still heading to our doom, you know?''

I roll my eyes both mentally and physically. But she is right.

''Soo, what do we do?'' She asks keenly.

''Why are you asking me? Can't you figure it out yourself?'' I ask with extra sarcasm.

''Nahh, I'm a dickheaded, badass one. You're a smartass, cunning one. Remember?''