Chapter 6

My hands curl into fists, I clench my jaw shut as hard as I can to stop myself from letting Helera's growl out. But she doesn't give up. She tries even harder to get out. I close my eyes and take deep breaths.

''Mind your words, Alpha, when you are talking to my daughter.'' Dad says in dangerously serious tone.

I almost reached to my breaking point. It feels like restricting her is burning me alive. I've never let her anger out, always contained her. But it never felt like this.

Wind slams the livingroom window. I open my eyes to see Edward knowingly smirk at me. He finally acknowledges his Beta. ''Your daughter is currently my pack member, Garrick. And I don't remember asking for your approval of my way of treating my pack members.''

Mum sits up and looks down at Kennigan who is narrowing his big brown eyes at Edward. ''Kenny, why don't you go outside and play with your friends.'' He slowly slides from his chair and gets outside, closing the front door behind him unlike some intruder caveman.

Mum returns her gaze to the Alpha. ''I don't tolerate your threats at my own house Alpha Edward, especially not in front of my children.''

Edward looks surprised, but blinks and the emotion is gone. ''Seriously? I thought you were on my side in this.''

''That was before your threats.''

''Those aren't my threats, Andrea and you know that. And there's no way she'll keep her little fox without being mine too. I just wanted to remind you that.''

''We remember everything well, Alpha. Actually, we would've told Lea about it already if it weren't for your intrusion.'' Dad says curtly.

''Ahh, sorry about that. The door wasn't locked and I thought you wouldn't mind seeing your future son-in-law.'' His head snaps to dad. ''And just for the sake of clarification, before you ask: there will be no delays. According to the deal, I had to wait until she turned 18. Which she will tomorrow. What will you use as an excuse then? I waited long enough.''

Edward turns his head back to me. But my eyes are fixed on the certain spot on the table. ''You have 3 days, Kara. Get rest today. Tomorrow, you can celebrate your 18th birthday with your family. Consider the day after tomorrow as my present for your birthday. Andrea and Garrick will fill you in with details.'' His tone is quiet, yet clear and deadly serious which is at odds with his character.

''The asshole is using his Alpha voice on us!'' Helera's furious, but luckily, understandable voice rings in my mind.

''He is.''

Noone says anything.

And I have so many unasked questions. What deal?

A forced mating ceremony in 3 days... Me with him?

What about my mate? What about his mate?

What will he do if I refuse? Can I refuse at all?

Why aren't my parents saying anything? Why didn't they tell me anything earlier?

I am still sitting on my chair, petrified.

Too much... It's just too much.

''Forget all the other questions, girl! There's only one that matters now! How will we stop this?!''

''We will figure it out.'' Hopefully.

''I know what you are thinking.'' His voice snaps me out of my daze, though, I remain motionless.

''Everything's arranged. Important guests are invited from all over the Wolf Territory. Even the King will visit the pack. And they all believe that you've given me your consent, which makes your rejection a direct insult towards the pack... you know what that means. So stop pressuring your little brain. Because, even though, I'd certainly enjoy hearing you beg for my forgiveness, you don't want to spend our honeymoon regretting stupid, useless plans you are thinking of right now, do you?''