Chapter 5: The Beginning of a New Adventure

(3rd Person's POV)

Back inside the Bandicoots' laboratory, Ava was lying on a hospital bed, still unconscious after her fight with Crash. It's been almost a week, and she hasn't woken up yet, which worried the Bandicoots, but her condition was stable so far.

*Flashback*

"Crash!" Coco, Crunch, and Aku-Aku hurried to Crash as he was carrying the girl in his arms. She felt very lightweight for his arms as if he was holding a feather. He also felt bad that things had to go that way by hitting her until she was defeated.

"Oh, Crash...You had to do what you had to do" Aku-Aku said, sadly, as Crash frowned. "Crash, you need to bring her to our lab" Coco said. The big Bandicoot quickly shook his head, his grip on the girl tightened as her head rested on his chest.

"Don't worry, Crash. We'll take care of her; we'll make sure nothing will ever harm her" Aku-Aku reassured.

Crash hesitated, at first, but then nodded in defeat and walked back into their house.

*End of Flashback*

Ava's head was wired, her finger had the pulse oximeter, and more machines surrounded her in order to check her brainwaves, her heart rate, her oxygen, her body temperature and everything.

"Have you found anything, Coco?" Aku-Aku asked. "Well, everything seems fine, except..." Coco answered.

"Hm? Except what?" the floating wooden head asked. "There's something strange about the cells, they look unusually different compared to the normal cells" Coco exclaimed, crossing her arms. "Really? How?" Aku-Aku raised a brow, then Coco showed him two pictures; one that had normal cells, and the other was Ava's different cells.

"Look, these are the normal cells of the body, and these are Ava's. They're a little bit shaky, and they seem to produce some kind of heat" Coco said. "Is it dangerous?" Aku-Aku looked at the blonde. "I don't think so. In fact, I took some of Ava's cells and tested them by shooting small laser beams, and they countered them successfully. However, the normal cells died immediately. Also, I'm guessing that Ava is immune to the signals broadcasted by the 'Cortex Vortex'! My theory is that her mind rejected these signals, which explains why she was never brainwashed by the machine!" Coco stated.

"That sounds remarkable, Coco! So, she's alright, after all" Aku-Aku smiled. "Yeah, she was just exhausted and traumatized by the experience. And right now, her condition is stable. We just have to wait until she wakes up. Crash, I hope you didn't hit her too hard!" the blonde glared at her big brother, who quickly looked at her a freaked face.

"Heeh, I didn't know!" he cried.

-

Later at night...

The Bandicoots went to sleep, so Ava was left alone in the lab after Coco made sure that everything was okay.

Only silence and beeps of the machines whispered in the dark laboratory, as the girl's body breathed deeply, her chest was slowly going up and down in a relaxing matter. However, it was time to rise and shine and...

...wake up.

The ocean-blue eyes shot open, a gasp escaping the girl's lips, inhaling as much air as possible as if she got strangled by someone! Her hands clenched on the comfy bed, and once her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she looked around and saw that she was in the lab.

"Ugh, what...happened?" she thought, groaning as her head hurts. She then remembered the last thing that happened, she was fighting Crash. It was crazy! He spun really really fast, and he hit her! How?! Where did he learn that move?! Why did he hurt her?!