Chapter 6 - The fury of "Gods"

A few minutes prior...

After departing from Sensei's room, Gil darted towards to one of his friends Arjun, the servant of Surya. Being the servant of a sun god, he was incredibly fast, and his powers usually included pyrokinesis. With a domain powerful enough to eradicate a country in an instant, it's no surprise that Arjun would be considered as the advisor and the right hand to the leader position that Gil held. He was the one who Gil would approach for most things, and the two had built up a very close bond over the past seven years. For Gil, he trusted Arjun with more than his life, and would be ready to destroy the world just to maintain the friendship. From simple poetry to even a relationship akin to the one mentioned in the Epic of Gilgamesh from Mesopotamia, these two were certainly inseparable.

"YO Photon", called Gil with a nickname that he had bestowed to his best friend.

"And to what do I owe this pleasure, Scales?" replied Arjun, imitating the same expression that was showcased by Gil.

"What is the status report on the current situation and how are we currently handling it?"

"There are certainly some things that we can do better, like assigning these members to this part of the mission and allowing these members of the ARS to continue working with our members as well. Let's be honest here, we are living in an age, where the members of both parties have become real close friends. It would be beneficial for us if we continue on this path."

"I'll look into it. While I am certainly not doubting the judgement of Allastor, but I have nothing to work with. For now, I'll just change these two positions and then let the teams continue with their mission. By the end, I expect to hear a positive result."

"That, I am pretty sure will be the case. However, I am curious, your face is slightly down? You good?"

"I just left Sensei with a huge information dump that I like a certain girl, and his opinion on that was rather shocking for me. I checked to see if he would continue to remain loyal with me, but it was rather in vain. I just wish that nothing wrong goes with my plan."

"If I am not mistaken, the girl in question is the princess of our club. With how all the events are turning out to be, our seniors might branch off if they realize the plan that you might enact. While I am going ahead with your plan, I have to warn you as a friend, that accession of that sorts, it's not going to be easy for us, or for anyone. I'll support you as much as I can, but I also want to be realistic. The goal that you wish for so badly, it might end up being suicidal."

"And so what? We all know that in the end, our domains and this world is all going to be useless if the true beings fight. We all finish menial tasks all in hopes that after learning the truth of the world's structure, there will be someone to tell our tale. There's no reason for me to continue down this path other than the fact that I want to marble the precious memories that I hold."

"Aractia wasn't built in a day, and neither will the effort required to continue this task", a familiar voice had joined the two people from behind. It was Ramiel, the servant of the Abrahamic Divine of Oracles and Prophecies. "It's good to see you two, how have you guys been doing?"

"We've been doing good. We're currently working on which team should be sent where to neutralize factions of ours who are revolting or to calm down and help the normal people in other parts of the facility." Arjun quickly explained to Ramiel, after changing his tone and inflection. He knew that the things that were stated prior were meant to be a small trade secret between the two friends, and if anyone else came to know about it, it would be disastrous.

However, Ramiel wasn't just a normal servant. He had the powers to predict the future, as his domain was a complex future sight. He knew of events even before they were going to happen, and usually served as the second in command for most head operations assisting Nanami in most tasks. He knew that something was up with this particular duo, and couldn't accurately pin point as to why is that the situation.

By now, I am pretty sure that you must have understood how the power system in this world works. If a human performs a sacrifice that is worthy of gaining the appraisal of a god from a mythos, then they turn into a pseudo-human with powers that are akin to the god that they become a servant of. However large the sacrifice, the more is the potential to become a stronger and more powerful gods in the ranking list. However, whichever god you get, you cannot use the domain of that god to help yourself. For example, if you are the servant of Wisdom like Clara, then you wouldn't be able to use your divine powers to be help yourself.

No matter how the world works in the mind of the writer, there are somethings that even me as the narrator will never be able to comprehend. Why exactly is it that I am able to see the writer, yet the words are only spoken in my voice? Just how much longer will this story continue? Questions and answers that I will constantly have but will have them answered as I continue narrating this story. Hopefully, the reader that is perceiving this tale will be able to comprehend this world, for the crazy just seems to be beginning.

The Age beyond "Gods". There are no longer just normal humans and abnormal humans, like geniuses. There are people that now exist that can fracture the entire world and cause massive extinction events as a normal occurrence. The interesting thing in this entire situation is that we are all playthings for the writer in this perspective. We can act and play out the story in the vision that he wants, but we will never be able to comprehend the scale in which they operate.

Continuing to the tale, where we left off with Ramiel speaking with the duo of Death and Sun...

"I'd suggest that you back down soon enough. Otherwise, the consequences that will be witnessed will be the world's to bear." Ramiel warned the duo.

Unphased by the entire situation, Gil tried to calm down his senior. "There's nothing that we've done at this present time to cause such a reaction. If you want, you can check with Larnia as well as with Sensei as to what I could have done. Therefore, I suggest that you calm down before situation escalates."

"You dare question the domain that I was gifted?" The air started to thin out, as the very fabric of space and time were starting to rip apart. Unleashing a domain in the middle of the two, Gil and Arjun were preparing a counterattack. Sand starts to trickle out of the fabrics and the atmosphere suddenly begins to heat up.

"H

E

L

P

U

S!"

Was the statement that was chanted by Arjun as the world would soon witness the flare of the sun burn up the atmosphere.

Sakurai who had now split up from the group and was roaming alone noticed the commotion and turned to meet three servants unleashing their domains. In the spirit of challenge, she too unleashed hers, releasing trees shaped like hands attempting to hold the structure and foundation of the earth.

"Oh no, this is not good", a subtle statement that Ramiel uttered to himself as he witnessed Sakurai and Gil lock eyes, with their pupils gaining a bright red color. A scream could be heard in the voice of Adoren, as she could feel her domain in full action between the two individuals.

Then, there was a howling and high pitched scream that no one expected that startled everyone in the field for a moment.

In the moment of chaos, Ramiel decided to take out the singular ace that he had, and sent a mental oracle to all pseudo-humans to assist him in the war between domains that was going to be taking place.

Which leads us to the situation that we are presently witnessing. Shikith getting slightly traumatized with the sight of Clara's eyeball rolling towards him and Ramiel trying to control what could be a disaster if the domains of Gil and Sakurai were to collide, since he has already weakened the fabric of space and time and Arjun's heat domain was further escalating the damage.

Ramiel mentally stated only one thing:

"EVERYONE, PROTOCOL BLACK HAS BEEN ACTIVATED. REQUIRING ASSISTANCE IMMEDIATELY. UNLEASH YOUR DOMAINS!"