Chapter 4 - The Princess of Torture

"Kill her?" Sensei's face was shocked. Not only was Gil stating he was ready to kill one of his own types of people, but the face showcased something very few people can ever possess. The face of a "yandere" – a crazed lover, who is ready to die or kill people in the hope to get in touch with the one that they love, even if it means killing that very person. "Are you sure about this decision?"

"Why would I second guess myself? She is possessing both the domains of underworld as well as spring. Innately, she's extremely powerful, almost on the same level as me and a few others. However, there's something that's flawed with this world's system. Why do we even exist? I could have been living an extremely normal life, but no. I decided that I will be sacrificing my own sanity as well as my relationship skills in hopes that I can attain a power that was gifted only to the divine. Such power should not be present, in the hands of us mere mortals. We are not meant to be servants or avatars of gods or demons. We are meant to be human. Forget the concept of pseudo powers and everything. I just want to live normally... but that will never happen now, would it? Well then Sensei, I'll take leave for now. I hope that satisfies your answer." Gil hopped out of the window and rolled onto the ground. He symbolled a peace sign with his left hand and then darted away to catch up with some of his friends.

Sensei at this point was left with more questions than answers. He was meant to be the maintainer of the domain of knowledge, yet nothing he could do in his power would allow him to comprehend what he had witnessed in the last 30 minutes. From almost dying in a test of judgement to the long rambling about gods, he was just concerned about the future of the poor lad. "I just hope that he does not fall into trouble, that would require us to intervene into the story."

Meanwhile, in another part of the world, Clara and Adoren were packing their bags, and heading to the direction in hopes to meet Sakurai. The servant of Kore was patiently waiting outside the clubroom door, in an attempt to spook the two individuals, however this playful attempt ended up being a failure. Adoren could see her shadow through the glass panel of the door.

"Mmmmmm... I really wanted to surprise you both. Seems like you caught me." Sakurai stated with a rather cute smile.

"Wassup S! How's it going?" Adoren asked imitating the same energy that Sakurai showcased.

"I started a new book series. It's more about how life would be if there were no humans that were remaining on earth. It's more an android story. It's really fascinating." Sakurai explained to her two friends. "What's with the long face, Clara-chan?"

Clara was just trying to process the entire situation. She was already engaged to someone, whom she dearly loves. Her best friend is one of the most powerful beings that is present in the world currently and another one of her best friends states that he wants to be with this person. She has the ability to grant wisdom and it is completely within her domain to advise her against or with the moving forward with such a relationship. Mentally, she is completely lost on what to do. Valentine's day was approaching, and knowing the speed at which Gil operates, Clara knew that she would really need to act fast.

"Yo, what's happened to her girlies?" Egoister called the girls from behind. The servant of Tlaloc was one of the friendliest people to be around. The aura he radiates is filled with such positive energy; he could have been the third star of the night sky itself.

"Egoister. If it isn't the one who claimed the maiden's heart. How are you doing these days?" Sakurai asked the rather charming servant of Tlaloc.

"Pretty well. I was just running some errands for Kars-Nas. He seemed to be busy with another scandal that had taken place. At this point, it seems to be so regular for these events to keep taking place, I have grown rather bored of the same thing repeating again and again."

"It doesn't help the fact that you've still somehow managed to tame the heart of our beloved wisdom here. After speaking with Gil, she really seems to be spaced out. I don't know what has gotten into her." The Servant of Ishtar continued the conversation. She knew of the exact reason but didn't want to reveal too much information that could ruin the relationship. "Maybe I will go and speak with Larnia about this issue" she whispered to herself.

"Ah, so Gil had come to visit the club room? He seems so busy all the time, I never thought that he would have the time to visit us, considering how busy he is all the time. God of death and all, he sure has a lot on his plate. Such a sociable person, but that doesn't hinder his academic or extra-curricular activities in any manner. Truly an interesting person, isn't he?" with almost star jeweled her vision organs had become, her eyes glistened with love for some time. "I wonder how long he would be able to survive the torture that I would love doing" she whispered to herself.

However, this statement that was meant to be whispered, was still heard by Clara. She was absolutely lost on what to state to anyone amongst the four people present. She didn't know which direction to take as the one who guides people, at the same time, she didn't want to ruin the atmosphere between two best friends. She hadn't uttered a single sentence during the entire duration that they had walked from the seventeenth floor to the second floor.

"You okay darling? You genuinely seem awfully quite for a rather pleasant discussion that's going on right now. Something bothering your mind." Egoister had a rather concerned look on his face. He had never seen his soon to be wife in such a state of absolute shock and loss of words. "Do you guys mind if I steal her away for some time. I want to calm her down."

At this time, I can completely understand why Clara is lost. These two individuals, while they seem to like each other, are very similar in terms of taste... and this is an extremely bad way. Not only is Sakurai wanting to torture each one her partners and friends, but Gil was also set on a path that he would destroy anyone that would come in between him and the girl he has a crush on. BUT... he's also ready to kill her if necessary. This seems to have turned into a love story between two absolute psychopaths of society, who have given up their own sanity to attain a power that was originally a god's. Just how much longer, until I myself will question the fate of the world that is being presented before me, much less question the writer's authority in this entire manner. Afterall, the writer writes the story, but it's the characters job to continue with the plot and personality bestowed upon it.

"You doing good?", the two fiancés confronted each other. The servant of Tlaloc smiled to slightly comfort the absolutely shaken Clara.

"Yeah. I am just trying to process everything. There's just so many things that is going on. From friends revealing secrets, to the powers that each servant and avatar possesses, I am really concerned for the world that we will soon be living in. It's not like I can control any of these actions, but I just wish that I can use my domain properly and give advice to others properly. I just don't know what to do. I feel like just breaking down. This is not within my power." Clara's eyes began to trickle with small tears.

Egoister brought her closer to hug her. "I just don't know what to do Ego. I don't to be this lost. Isn't my domain of wisdom. I am supposed to be knowing how things will proceed and give others the correct method to achieve their goals, or correct people if they are on the wrong path. THEN TELL ME EGO, WHY AM I UNABLE TO COMPREHEND ANYTHING THAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS RELATIONSHIP??"

"Okay Clara, calm down, please..." Egoister was really concerned with this sudden reaction output by his future wife. "What relationship are you talking about? If someone has hurt you, tell me. I will deal with them personally." The clouds above started zapping with electricity as the fury of one of the rain gods was about to be shown on full display.

"No, I haven't been hurt, but I feel like something terribly wrong is going to be taking place." Clara stated to the partially infuriated God of Rain and Thunder.

"However, I am scared about the relationship birthed between two yanderes"