Chapter 3 - Flipping each switch

"How many times have you heard this that you so scared of me at this point?" questioned the curious Gil.

"Too many, and I know that these are not normal. Each time something ends up happening, and then Ars has to come to clean up the mess. Do you know how much time it took the avatar of Asmodeus to clean up your previous mess?"

"And yet, and I still unscathed. I managed to remove a pest from this world, didn't I?"

"How did someone who values life so little even manage to attain the position of a servant of death? Tell me, my child, what did you exactly do to please Anubis?"

"At this point, I should forget the sacrifices that I did to attain this level of power, from my sanity to my own moral compass. A sacrifice for a sacrifice. An exchange, a deal. Each time I look at my past deeds, I am filled with anger with the past mistakes that I made. Why did I even take this mantle? There's no answers to such questions Sensei. If I had known the truth about the world, wouldn't I have corrected my past mistakes."

"If we knew the truth, then we wouldn't have attained the positions we are at right now, neither we be having this conversation at all."

"Sensei, answer me. Who do you think has the most powerful gods?" Gil was now eager with this question. He knew the answer, yet he wanted a proper confirmation from the one he calls Sensei.

Wait, who exactly is Sensei? Shirunai Nanami more popularly known as Sensei is one of the teachers in the school and the head of the department that manages the servants of gods as well the avatars of demons. Each with their own counterpart. However, sensei is one of the most peculiar people, since his sacrifices granted him godlike and demon-like powers. Being the servant of Benzaitan as well as the avatar of Paimonia, he has some of the most control over the world and the domains that he controls. He understands both aspects of power, and realizes that it's useless to counter fate.

Fate is dictated by the one who holds the pen. Fate cannot exactly be changed, can it?

Usually, the most mythological beings of the current generation dictate the fate of the current world, yet at the same time, it's not known. I am just a narrator who is telling a simple story between two individuals and all the people affected with the interactions of all their interactions. Even these actions are dictated by destiny itself. I have no control over it, but that's something to discuss later down the story.

"The current, our Binary Gods of Destruction and Creation.", replied Sensei.

"EXACTLY. Why do these gods have the power currently? That's because they took it from the Primordial ones."

"Me and my roses. Where exactly are you going with this, my boy? Surely you haven't come here to debate about philosophy and the truth of this world to me. If that's the petal you're discussing, while I am much relieved, I have no real answer to give you. Your view on the world is slightly warped on the nature of being one of the most powerful servants currently existing. You are a being with a lot of friends, yet you crave for emotional attention. You are arguably much more intelligent than you show, but it is limited due to the oaths and the sacrifices that you have made." Sensei now just stood, letting his roses blossom and spread a sweet scenting aroma across the room.

"I am in love, Sensei, and it's not normal love." confessed the now blushing Gil. With cheeks as red as a ripe tomato. (Pretty common comparison, isn't it. Most narrators use it for fun at this point, don't they?)

With this statement, the room slowly starting warping. Rather, sand slowly started trickling into the room. Each grain of sand was falling was a second of life that was gone, and suddenly time became irrelevant. The domain of death suddenly started looming over Nanami. With each passing millisecond, the past hundred years of the life that he had lived started replaying, as he was attempting to breath in a sand filled room. The level of pseudo powers was really starting to fill the voids in everyone present in the room. The scales of judgement fell as the heaven's thrones themselves were filled with the sand of the burial.