Part 17

Anayah entered the house, greeted her parents, and headed to her room. Her heart raced like a bullet train as she couldn't forget the words Abdul had said to her earlier. Sitting in front of the mirror, she blushed and then took a bath. After changing into her night uniform, she lay down on the bed.

Retrieving her phone from her bag, she opened the gallery, blushing over the pictures she had taken of Abdul in the car. Amused by the fact that Abdul didn't know she had clicked his photo,

she mused to herself, "Abdul, how can I not blush when your every word is so flirty? How can I not look at you when you are so handsome and cute? Why shouldn't I pray when I have someone protective like you? Why shouldn't I love you when you are s...

she mused to herself, "Abdul, how can I not blush when your every word is so flirty? How can I not look at you when you are so handsome and cute? Why shouldn't I pray when I have someone protective like you? Why shouldn't I love you when you are so kind and caring? Now I feel proud that my Rab sent you into my life."

Lost in her thoughts, Anayah's Ammi called her for dinner, but she didn't respond, still staring at Abdul's photo. Ammi, frustrated, entered her room, hit her on the head, and scolded, "Will you stop staring? Listen to what I'm saying!" Anayah replied absentmindedly, "Ammi, why are you here?" Ammi, slightly angry, yet in a soft tone, said, "I've been calling you for 20 minutes. Why are you lost in your own world?" Anayah explained, "Ammi, I had dinner with Abdul." Ammi, concerned, exclaimed, "Abdul? Who is Abdul? Don't tell me you're making friends with non-Mehran you know that right; it's haram. What happened that you're behaving like this? My love and upbringing weren't enough? You're going to marry Taehyung; how can you date another guy?"

Anayah interrupted, "Calm down, Ammi. I'm not talking to a non-Mehran. Wait, let me explain. Taehyung changed his name, and now he goes by Abdul Rahman. Do you understand?" Ammi responded, "Oh, say it like that. Why are you making it confusing? Okay, fine. Go and sleep. Stop staring at Taehyung's photo." Anayah said, "Okay, Ammi," and bid her good night with a salaam. Her mom kissed her forehead, closed the door, and left the room.

With that, Anayah put her cell phone on charge and went to sleep.

Meanwhile, the scene shifted to Abdul after he reached home. He took a hot shower, and as he stood in front of the mirror half-naked, wearing only a towel on his wrist, he recalled the words he had spoken to Anayah. Blushing, he thought, "I never thought I would say those words without being shy. God, I said them directly with feeling."

After combing his hair and drying it, he wore his night uniform and lay on the bed. Thoughts of Anayah consumed his mind, and despite trying to sleep, he found it difficult. Blushing and with red cheeks, he muttered, "Damn, this is what love feels like—even feeling sleepy but unable to sleep."

As the night unfolded into a new morning, Abdul realized he hadn't slept the whole night. When he got up, his eyes were swollen, and he had dark circles underneath. Freshening up, he opened the door to find a servant who, rather than focusing on his tired appearance, seemed lost in admiration. It took Abdul a moment to realize that, instead of his night uniform, he had mistakenly worn the bathing clothes, his leg was reveling.