And the contest started.

Start from the beginning

« Nervous ? » she leaned over his shoulder a little.

« Before a concert, always. It's not possible for someone not to be, or they're some kind of alien or monster. » Mitch tilted his head back to look at her.

« I thought you were some kind of monster. »

« Haha, funny. This time you'll see me in preview. »

« I have my eyes on you... » she realized that this could be misinterpreted and added :

« And on Bubbles too. »

« Sure... But I'm the singer, so keep your eyes on me. »
She laughed nervously, not knowing what to say and pinched his shoulder.

« Very arrogant. »

He smiled at her and didn't answer. He broke the eye contact and stood up :

« I need to drink something. »

« Yeah... »
Buttercup looked at him as he walked away, she didn't hear Butch coming up behind her, blowing in her ear and saying :

« Are you staring at his a*s ? I didn't know it was your thing. »

She pushed him away and looked at him angrily.

« What do you want ? You should stop your game now. »

He smiled even more.

« You didn't deny it. I guess I was right. Do you have a crush on him ? »

« I wasn't staring at... Why am I even trying to justify this ? Mind your own business. »

« Yours are funnier. I didn't have any fun this weekend. »

« I don't care. Stop talking to me. »

« I have been so lonely. I've missed our fights. »

« You didn't save any hospitals this weekend ? Any renovations or good deeds ? »
He laughed,
That laugh again.
That laugh that doesn't care about anything or anyone and finds every situation amusing.

« Between you and me, Butterfly, we know the truth. »

« What is the truth ? That you lied about being full of good compassion and wanting to help people ? »

« You have a crush on this guy and you won't admit it. »
She grabbed him by the collar and said :

« Shut the f*ck up. Is tormenting me a hobby for you ? »

« You don't even know how much fun I have. »
She let him go with a face of disgust.

« You're disgusting. »

« I've heard worse. »
They stared at each other. Buttercup didn't know what to say, this time he seemed calm, just enjoying her embarrassment.

« What are you doing here ? »

« Supporting my brothers. Just like you. And maybe enjoy the view, I mean Blossom is something. »